ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula Drift Brand Expansion (Rumor Mill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Drift Brand Expansion (Rumor Mill)

So I was checking out the SEMA website since they released the press conference schedule for this year's show and I saw something interesting.

On Wednesday Formula Drift is having a conference regarding a "multi-platform brand expansion"

Link: http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2010/...press-schedule

For those who weren't marketing majors.. "brand expansion" is using a well-established brand name in different product categories.

So in short it looks like Formula Drift is going to lend their brand name/image to other "products"

At first I thought perhaps they might be announcing the aquisition of other drift series as an "official" ladder but I figured that isn't really a different category.

So what do you guys think Formula Drift might be branding?

I'll go ahead and get the rumors started....

I think we are finally going to see an official licensed/branded Formula Drift video game, likely developed by EA and their "Need For Speed" team.
    Last edited by MonkeySlide; 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM.

I hope they apear along side D1 in GrandTurismo 5, and Need For Speed!

Also even thogh the title is "Dirt" what if they appear on dirt 3? Is that a posibility too?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
      I hope they apear along side D1 in GrandTurismo 5, and Need For Speed!

Also even thogh the title is "Dirt" what if they appear on dirt 3? Is that a posibility too?
      I'm thinking more that they might have their own game instead of being a part of a game that is already out or is coming out.

Comment

brand expansion could also mean expanding into different markets

Comment

Toys, Games, maybe candy...stuff that teenage boys like.

My best guest, either way I think the formulad name will be very marketable.

brand expansion could also mean expanding into different markets
          Yea, hope it not just this.... that's old news. Formula D has a stronghold just about everywhere right now. If the industry was like a game of war FD would be close to winning.
          Last edited by Bebop; 10-06-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I say video game and toys. I'd collect FD toys.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
              I'm thinking more that they might have their own game instead of being a part of a game that is already out or is coming out.
              I hope they come out with their own game!

Comment

i would think maybe a Formula D Series of cars with Hot Wheels

or some sort of performance product line, like how dub did.

Comment

1:18 scale die-cast FD cars

Comment

FD ice cream cones. Comes with tire rubber to get that trackside feeling.
                    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

brand expansion is good and bad. it means that the sport is expanding enough to attrack the attenion of other outlets. as longs as they maintain true to the sport, i'm all for it. fd ice cream cones would be cool! im thinking tire smoke almond, or sideways sherbert.

Comment

burning tire scented candles, men's cologne, and air freshners for the car.
                        LMAO

Comment

So I just spoke to Jim Liaw about this thread.

His take: We're reading into it too literally...

So keep guessing but dial back the thinking a bit.

Comment

I'm leaning more towards a drift game! I remember that in Need for Speed Underground 1 & 2 i think u could see the Formula D banners and obviously Gitti s mustang in NFS Shift so I hope it's a video game!

Comment

You guys read it all wrong...it's gonna be Formula D vuvuzela's. Dirty Panda loves those things.

Comment

Working...
                              X