SR20DET Cylinder Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Cylinder Heads

I am building an SR20DET race engine, and have found every thing for the build up except a performance cylinder head, I perfer JDM parts, but anything or anyone you know of, please post!!!!
    thank you a bunch, 240silvia

p.s. if you even need a performance engine swap, u know who to talk to, just put your info and questions on this message board.
    (they will not be available tell next summer, but its not too early to put your name down, i have every engine you need)

Nismo makes a performance head, the N1 is for NA applications however. You'll need N1 specific cams, lash adjusters, valve springs and some other N1 specific components. You can buy pre-ported & polished heads from Tomei if that's what you're asking for. If you want to send off your head to get ported and polished that'd be a good thing to do. While you're at it you might want to get a 30 degree grind on your valves or buy some aftermarket valves and get them ground (such as JUN and Tomei).

Personally I don't think going around advertising yourself as a "high performance swapper" would be all that great an idea especially considering that there are alot of very well informed shops that can do the swap and do basically anything that one would want to get done to their SR. Such examples would be Heavy Throttle or Enjuku Racing and they've got the reputation to back up their work. You've 3 posts here and you're asking about what parts are performance parts for the SR. I already have doubts of the reliability of your work just from that. Not saying you'll do crappy work but to go around saying "I can do performance swaps if you're interested" is a pretty bold statement considering you're not all that familiar with major components of the SR that are albiet hard to come by but available none the less with no reputation to back up the work.

Comment

180 fan, thanks for the info, but i have another question! lol, where would i get and y would i want to get my valves ground? Don't they make them like that already?(i do want a brand new head)
      thanx again
      240silvia

Comment

the angles make for a more uniform contact with the head. the more aggressively the valves are ground the more air flow you do get over the valves. The way it does it is basically through the duration in which the valve is open, when it's aggressively reground, it makes for a seal that's very thin so at the slightest movement of the valve, air will start to flow versus the stock large contact area to seal the valve. When griding them down make sure you take it to a reputable machine shop since the tolerances are very minimal and you could have a leak due to a bad valving job. The power gains probably won't be all that spectacular as say a port and polish on the SR but it will make a bit of a difference since the flow design is pretty bad on the SR.

Oh yeah for the Nismo N1 head, you will need new cams. They have a difference in head design where the cams meet the head and require N1 cams which only a handful of makers actually make. Toda for sure but they want about 1k for the set of cams, JUN might, Tomei might, and Nismo for sure. I'd probably just get a stock s13 head as it's got a better design than te s14/s15's low port intake and then have it ported and polished, ditto with the intake manifold and collector tank unless you're going to get a greddy intake manifold which already does come pretty damn smooth.

Comment

Working...
        X