ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall Speedway closing. What happens to Formula D event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    I actually think FL is a good idea. Sebring is the best place to do it.

If you dont want to replace it with an east coast round then I suggest Laguna Seca.
    Four Formula Drift events in one state ?! Thats overkill ! Haha

But. I'm down !

Comment

Close down a mountain road in TN and do it there

YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
        Close down a mountain road in TN and do it there

YOU KNOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
        The Tail of the Dragon, hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          Florida....

no

the south east has atlanta

let the north east have something now

English Town

East Coast drifting history right there

Where the stars were born

DO IT!!!!
          if you put it that way. i'd have to agree.
          then all 4 corners of the US has a taste of Formula D.

Comment

not to sound like a fat kid who plays video games all day but.... a great feature on xbox live is that it shows a picture of the country and is lightened where people are signed on. if you look at that. you will notice that the east coast of the US is the closest thing to japan in volume of people. just a way to argue that if you think of america in general. east coast is the driving core of it all. how come we have only 2 events over here.... i think there needs to be at least 3 east coast events....

my suggestions would be... florida, atlanta and englishtown road course.

of course formula D at summit point was gonna fall apart. the planning had to have been done by a 7th grader. they picked the wrong track with no places for spectating. i do have a suggestion to bring that back though!.... make for that one event a joint event with redline time attack and run the time attack on the shenandoah circuit (where both formula d and time attack used last year) and then run Formula D on the main jefferson circuit! i can see that as an intense main east coast focal event for both series.

sucks that wall is closing. i loved that event.

D1 e-town and formula D wall both falling through in one year is a little to much for me to handle.... BOOOO!!!!

Comment

Although there's tons of people on the East Coast, the core of drifting is on the West Coast right now. Nearly every tire company is here, and probably 80-90% of all the drivers running the series.

Comment

everyone one will obviously think where ever they live is where pro drifting should come to....

people on west coast think that drifting is sooo much bigger over there but it isnt at all.

right now if i count on the top of my head. there are almost 6 different organizations that have at least monthly drift events in the midatlantic region for events. summit point has at least 7 drift events/competitions now. USdrift has competitions from VIR up to Mid-Ohio raceway, not to mention at least 4 practice events at VIR. organizations such as slideways run beginner series and such. ontop of that are the regular club loose events at englishtown. events by Drift411. i would say the east coast is stacked.

when people think of the United States. they think of the East Coast of the continent and then the part of california with the movie stars and texas. im not trying to take away from the west coast or anything. just saying alot more attention should be given to east coast. you cant expect the east coast events to be as successful when you make half-*Censored**Censored**Censored* preperations for em.

ehhh.

Comment

I'm from the west coast, and I honestly dont feel the need to have any more events here that we already have.

I'm all for the positive growth of this sport, and it wont grow if we have all the events clustered up on our side of the country.

Honestly we need a big amateur pro series to sprout here just like the east coast has nopi. Professional setup comp for amateur with big payouts.

HIN or BOTI should team up with just drift or drift day or all of them to make something like that really happen.

That will really make drifting grow.

Comment

bring it back to Houston, TX!! you will have great turnout!! we also have a new road course that we could do it on!!! grandsport speedway!

Comment

Putting expensive drift events in slow markets will not grow drifting at all...not on a professional level anyway. Formula D is big but its not big enough to try that kind of thing yet.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be on the East Coast but if it is going to be there it needs to be some place where the exposure will hold some value to the series sponsors and the sponsors of all the drivers.

As was suggested earlier, I think Florida would be a good place to do it. Homestead or Sebring.

Or they could go for the brass ring and try to set something up in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                        Putting expensive drift events in slow markets will not grow drifting at all...not on a professional level anyway. Formula D is big but its not big enough to try that kind of thing yet.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be on the East Coast but if it is going to be there it needs to be some place where the exposure will hold some value to the series sponsors and the sponsors of all the drivers.

As was suggested earlier, I think Florida would be a good place to do it. Homestead or Sebring.

Or they could go for the brass ring and try to set something up in New York.
                        hey the St. pete (tampa) granprix is run like long beach and they do a drift demo there each year how about FD do an event there so that there are 2 Street courses

I think the miami gran prix is similar also

legal street drifting is awesome
                        Last edited by Piner; 03-19-2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Here's a good idea. You can move up the Las Vegas round as someone else mentioned and keep the NJ event in NJ at the new NJ Motorsportspark. Construction on one of their main courses will be finished early summer. D1 had originally had a round of the US D1GP set for early Sept. at the new park. It was posted on their 2008 schedule on the NJMotorsports website. The fact that NJM did post it on their site shows that they were interested in hosting a Drift event, which is good news.
                          Here's a quick pic of the park layout:

Here's the link to the website:
                          http://njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

I think this would a be great venue for FD NJ. What better way to start a new track then a Drift event in their Inaugural year? This is track is going to be very, very popular. Same people who run Virginia International Speedway. Not to mentioned that this is the first high end Road Course in NJ. Jersey is famous for its Dragstrips like Englishtown, but not for road courses. I say you guys contact NJM and see what they can do. Hell, I have helped promote FD NJ every single year, so if I have to contact NJM my self I do not mind at all. Just give me the word. We Need Drifting In The North East and New Jersey!!!!!!!

Comment

Streets of Manhattan.

Comment

Moving the event to a different geographic area is NOT the answer. It needs to be in the pa/de/nj/ny area PERIOD
                              Boost Up

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstrike7 View Post
                                Here's a good idea. You can move up the Las Vegas round as someone else mentioned and keep the NJ event in NJ at the new NJ Motorsportspark. Construction on one of their main courses will be finished early summer. D1 had originally had a round of the US D1GP set for early Sept. at the new park. It was posted on their 2008 schedule on the NJMotorsports website. The fact that NJM did post it on their site shows that they were interested in hosting a Drift event, which is good news.
                                Here's a quick pic of the park layout:

Here's the link to the website:
                                http://njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

I think this would a be great venue for FD NJ. What better way to start a new track then a Drift event in their Inaugural year? This is track is going to be very, very popular. Same people who run Virginia International Speedway. Not to mentioned that this is the first high end Road Course in NJ. Jersey is famous for its Dragstrips like Englishtown, but not for road courses. I say you guys contact NJM and see what they can do. Hell, I have helped promote FD NJ every single year, so if I have to contact NJM my self I do not mind at all. Just give me the word. We Need Drifting In The North East and New Jersey!!!!!!!
                                thats a fuvking sick track

Comment

Working...
                                X