No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Long Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my ONE *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the event.

I had to leave around noon to pick up my lady and then come back to the event.

when i got to the front entrance again, i was greeted with a friendly
    "NO RE-ENTRY" "No RE-ENTRY"

excuse me?

too bad. i re-entered myself.
    was my car supposed to drive itself out of the vendor area?

give me a break.

oh yeah, this was after i specifically asked if there were "ins/outs" and was told YES.

anyways, cool event. I always love Long Beach FD.

Comment

I thought it was a very well prepared event for being in Long Beach. Jumbotron could have been moved to accomodate the other stands which would have been nice. I was in 18 so the only time I actually looked at it was to see the standings/points during the 32 qualifying and the initial start of a run once they past the turn I didn't need the jumbo at all. Not sure if the judges were using it to see the initial setup of the first turn, but two screens would be great. 1 for the stands where we are and one for the general admission people.

The stands however were crazy. No one was in the right seats. People were spilling out into the isles. My biggest problem was with one media guy which was being a complete a$$hole. Came and sat in our seats didnt ask and when we told him we were saving the seats for some people as I paid for all my seats he was a complete jerk and sat down anyway. No camera, no note pad it seemed as if he got the pass and just thought he was big man. Got him kicked out of the stands though so no big deal. Felt bad for the people in the isles so I started to give my seats away to those people so they had a place to sit.

Other than those two things not a bad event at all. In all it was better than the past and I know as time goes on with this track it will only get better. Logistics for a drift event at this track is probably the biggest nightmare, but it will always get better.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
        I can answer this one for you..

I'm not sure if you just tried to film the tandem when you were there or discussed it with a representative before the event but perhaps someone from Formula D or their PR agency can put you in touch with the ESPN people to see if something can be worked out.

P.S. Nice booth

i did talk to formula D prior to the event. but wasent given a explanation.

also, thanks for the compliments on the booth. did you happen to pick up a DVD?

Comment

Jim,
          The event was CRAZY, but I thought it was the best it possibly could have been with the size of the crowd and the venue. The venue stinks compared to others.

One request... can you guys PLEASE post officials results and standings to the FD website ASAP this year. The website seems to fall behind quickly... Atlanta should be front and center NOW and there should be access to official results and season standings as soon as the event is complete. Seems that the website has always been a struggle... why is that?

This is a professional motorsport and the website should reflect such.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
            also, thanks for the compliments on the booth. did you happen to pick up a DVD?
            Didn't pick up a DVD ...but i did get an eyeful of the chick you had standing in front

Comment

Buy the DVD.

see me ruin my car.

win/win

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                Didn't pick up a DVD ...but i did get an eyeful of the chick you had standing in front
                lol. you should pick up a copy of the video. support those who support the grassroots guys

lol. glad you at least noticed the model

Comment

Thank for the good comments everyone.

Couple notes on some of the questions.

- Internal use footage we will allow and we can even get footage for you. Our concern comes when people leak complete runs and finishes on the web and it ends up undermining our online partnerships that we have and ultimately our TV show. We have even had some people sell the footage to companies overseas without our permission.
                  - We have heard lots of complaints regarding security and staffing. We will definitely address this because that is unacceptable. For those of you that had people sitting in your seat, think of it like any other seated event you might go to. People sit in other people's seats all the time. If someone is in your seat, you simply need to tell the usher and they will be removed from your seat. However, I have found that simply telling the person that that is your seats works just fine.
                  - Grandstands 24 and 25. Yes, not the greatest for viewing the entire track and one of the reasons why we recommend buying reserved seating. However, it was not feasible this year, but we are definitely looking into another monitor for those area's.
                  - Awards Ceremony. From here on out at venues that have separation between the track and the podium we will be announcing the winners on track and then hold the podium ceremony.

I'm sure I missed a bunch, so if you have anything else, just keep posting.

Saturday was a nice reminder that drifting/Formula DRIFT is growing. We had a great audience and the competition is so unbelievable that is it so hard to know who will win from event to event.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                    - We have heard lots of complaints regarding security and staffing. We will definitely address this because that is unacceptable.
                    Knowing is half the battle. It wasn't your guys' fault, but I'm glad to here that you'll try to do something about it.

- Awards Ceremony. From here on out at venues that have separation between the track and the podium we will be announcing the winners on track and then hold the podium ceremony.
                    I think that's the best option. Again, it wouldn't have been a problem if the staffing didn't kick us out, but this would get rid of that factor.

Even with the complaints, this was still the best Long Beach even I've been to.

Comment

good to hear you will be speaking with the staff. cuz the rudeness was unacceptable. greatly appreciate knowing that it will be taken care of.

other than that...i have no complaints.

i will having the company that hired me contact formula D for video footage so that i can finish my job lol

Comment

- Grandstands 24 and 25. Yes, not the greatest for viewing the entire track and one of the reasons why we recommend buying reserved seating. However, it was not feasible this year, but we are definitely looking into another monitor for those area's.
                        You guys dont even need to spend that kind of money...just point the blasted screen at 24 & 25. The screen is pretty big I'm sure they'd be able to see it just fine.

Also adding to my earlier comment about the wristbands, I think some level of media access needs to be created that's above the "VIP" access that so many others seemed to have at this event. Non-hot track media should be allowed into the winner's circle and the judges stand ..even if its only during designated times in the event.

Suggested pass hierarchy:

-Hard Cards
                        -Photo Media
                        -Non-photo Media
                        -VIP/Vendors

Comment

Working...
                        X