No announcement yet.

Best Touge Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not necessary to use adjustable suspension.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantian View Post
      It's not necessary to use adjustable suspension.
      Please stop while you're ahead.

Anyway, back on topic, I've found that, even though bone stock and with 195/60 R14s, my 1986 BMW 325e is a very capable around tight turns that even I would hesitate in the old CRX. It surprises me, each time I push the Bimmer, the more it wants and takes. I can't wait to put a good SpecE30 suspension or coil-overs and good tires on it.

Comment

• The best car to enjoy around a mountain road has to be an Aerial Atom. It provides approximately the same rush as a bike but is some what safer.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantian View Post
          The best car to enjoy around a mountain road has to be an Aerial Atom. It provides approximately the same rush as a bike but is some what safer.
          I can't disagree with that. Fun and fast little cars, from what I've heard. I think VIR still has test drives on the full course with Aerial (or whoever is the American importer of the little thing). I don't remember if they still do or not, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            Please stop while you're ahead.

But one thing I would not get for the mountain roads is the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24 or any specialty track car. James May did it back in season 10, in search of the best driving road. He was complaining about his squashed testicles throughout the trip.

I was also reading about the Caterham Super Seven R500 in Top Gear Magazine. That also sounds intense, but a tad old school. They claim that Lotus "got it right the first time", no need to modify the looks.

Comment

• i miss this old thread... over 40K views!?!?!

Comment

• effff it give meh a ae86
                gts
                and thats good enough

Comment

• the best canyon car is the one that doesn't fly off the side!

I'll take a good FR car with coil overs and sway bars. That is just my preference, but i don't like unpredictable cars...My SW20 was fun as heck.. but it would get to a certain point and bam! scare the crap out of me! Not like my S14/NA6/GDA/or FC3....

Comment

• Originally posted by WINDING Master View Post
                    i miss this old thread... over 40K views!?!?!
                    I kinda miss making fun of atlantian

Comment

• AE86/Datsun 510/ RX3/ Miata would make killer touge cars. Seam weld the car and run NA motor with about 250whp and super low rear end ratio. IT suspension should be good. Get the car about 1800 lbs and upgrade the brakes. Key to touge is stay light and having good power control. Never driven a 510 on touge but my RX3 had 220 whp and that was a great car. I was really impressed with 86 after the first time as a passenger, I dont think too many car can beat an 86. An 86 will *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* slap any Skyline on tight down hill.

Comment

Working...
                      X