XDC not paying drivers?!?!?! Article Attatched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDC not paying drivers?!?!?! Article Attatched

"I think I've tried every possible way to get payment for the winnings that I won according to the rules of the series... what we were promised, you know?" Evans said. "Basically, I get the same story: 'Oh yeah, we're getting the money and we'll get it to you.' That's been going on since, I'd say, October, and it seems like I'm not getting anywhere with that route, so I just find that it's really my only option.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Drifting Away: Will XDC/HIN survive the 2012 season? An investigative report - Orlando Autos | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/article/drif...#ixzz1si8szON2
    Take a look at the article. Alot more stuff going on other then driver compensation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/drif...igative-report

What do you guys think of this?
    Last edited by Bebop; 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM.

It doesn't surprise me. In fact, I'm surprised it's taken this long to become public.

I've talked to several people involved with the series (although for their sake, I won't name names), and they've all mentioned outstanding debts with XDC for the 2011 season. I find it interesting that the article talks about hiding behind different corporations... I have been saying all along that I felt part of the reason Irwindale Speedway LLC filed for bankruptcy is so that they could avoid paying the outstanding lawsuits against them (2 personal injury suits). Oddly enough, Irwindale's drag strip is re-opening later this month and the guy who's in charge of it is the same person from the old Irwindale Speedway LLC corporation. Sound familiar? "I'm not the one who owes you money, that was a different corporation..."

When I worked with NOPI Drift, I made sure that checks were cut to all drivers at the end of every event. I was paid 100% and all drivers who earned money in the 2007 season were paid 100%, and I'm very proud of that.

I hope Mike Munar and anyone / everyone who is currently working with XDC make this situation right. XDC is far from the first drift event organizer to owe people money, and likely not the last.

PS - I think it would be really awesome if all the drivers staged a protest and refused to make a qualifying pass at one of the events, jeopardizing XDC's ability to 'put on a show' until the old debts are paid. The drivers HAVE the power to put XDC in their place, but it would take a LOT of balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      When I worked with NOPI Drift, I made sure that checks were cut to all drivers at the end of every event. I was paid 100% and all drivers who earned money in the 2007 season were paid 100%, and I'm very proud of that.
      I remember that.

Comment

I was not compensated for consulting work done for the Vegas XDC event in 2010. Ernie Manasala can attest to this.

Comment

After reading that I feel bad for any new drivers that signed on with them this season.

Especially BMI Racing. They dismantled the RX-8 four rotor and bought a car (mustang) and put in crazy time and effort to build it because of a lot of promises XDC made to them.

I really hope they do not get burned by shady business practices

Comment

This thread makes me sad.

Comment

Working...
            X