Blown 20V..........has Toyota built one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown 20V..........has Toyota built one

I don't know much about 4ag's but I do know that toyota produced a supercharged 4agze and also a 20v. The 20v's are usually 150-170 hp (I'm not sure though) and I think the 4agze was about 150. My question is this: did Toyota ever produce a supercharged 20v 4ag or was the blown 170 hp version a 20v?

According to Club4ag there isn't one so I'm wondering since toyota did the blown 4v and the N/A 20v, would it be possible to do a blown 20v assuming the area of compression ratio is addressed?

Comment

you're correct. 4AGZE is a supercharged motor. But it's 16V. It came from the 91-95 levin supercharged. It's called AE101.
      Check this link:
      http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=166

[quote] did Toyota ever produce a supercharged 20v 4ag or was the blown 170 hp version a 20v?[quote]
      Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 01-06-2004, 06:29 PM.

Comment

we also got that same motor state side in the supercharged aw11 mr2...so you can build a smog legal SC ae86...if done with all oem parts from the aw11...

Comment

4AGZE is the 16V EFI supercharged

20V 4-AGE is just a 4-A block with a 20V head... it's almost always EFI because it came in early 90's modelsd of corollas...(AE92??i think?)

It is possible to put a ZGE supercharger on a 20V, but you must remeber the part about AE86 frames are weak to todays standerds and can barely handle much more then 160hp... unless heavliy reinforced...or stiffened...

Either way... a Classic blue top with carbs will smell and sound better...

Comment

I certainly understand that as latemodel mustangs have around 225hp and are noted flexi flyers, but they can be stiffened with subframe connecters, lower and upper chassis bracing. A hachiroku has chassis braces and roll cages available, so could it handle 220hp with the proper bracing? I know Ueo's has about 200-220 so there must be a way to do it.

Btw I saw a guy named Hiroo in Drifting Magazine that had a 20v with carbs and it appeard he had a distributor running of the left cam. I looked and saw what appears to be a coil wire but I wasn't for sure if this is a coil pack or a distributor. If it was can you imagine how cool it would be to have a blown quad-carbed 20V with a distributor!!

Comment

...check those points.........lol

Comment

Points rule!!!! Lol. I like the idea of having a purely mechanical car that has no electronics working for you. Even though they make your car faster and more reliable I kinda feel like that an automobile is more pure when it doesn't have any e-gadgets. Kinda like how FF just seems wrong. Plus it allows you to be able to tune and maintain your car with basic knowledge and without having to buy expensive electronic tools.

Comment

Tha perfect engine set up,

7-A Block

20V Head

T-25 Turbo and a Small FMI,

Custom Turbo Manifold, HKS Cat back...

hmm .. what to call it...

20V 7-AGET?

Comment

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...otos/wpe11.jpg

theres a family tree...

Comment