ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Alvendia and Drifting Book on ABC News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Alvendia and Drifting Book on ABC News!

A pretty rad 9+ minute interview with Antonio about drifting aired this morning!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2707439

really cool

Comment

A cool drinking game to play is how many times does antonio say "absolutely".

Very good interview Antonio!!

Comment

Antonio sent me the link this morning, this is very exciting for drifting!!

I think he represented himself and the sport very professionally. He's a great ambassador to our sport.

I dunno about the new glasses though

hehehe

Comment

wow, 9 min in abc ! that's 'absolutely' fabulous (^ ^)//
          it was cool to see the vid of my old school corolla in it !
          great job antonio !!!

hiro

Comment

sweeeeet

represent Antonio!

"absolutely"

Comment

Well Done!

Comment

People in drifting dress a certain way?

Oh right!

forgot about that.

Comment

Hahahahhaa THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT Everyone! Absolutely!

Hahaha what up everyone,

Thanks alot for all your support of my book, and support of my interview. Yeah that was hilarious, when I actually watched the interview, I was like WTF I said absolutely a ton of times! When I went out with my friends later that night, we were all laughing about it! haha

To tell you the truth, I was pretty busy doing errands and stuff, so got home around midnight the night before the interview. But I had to be at ABC Studios in LA before 6am on the day of the interview (Friday), so I was trippin! So I decided I shouldn't even go to sleep, cause I might oversleep and not hear the alarm!

So I stayed up all night, thinking about drifting and kinda trippin about being on ABC News Now. It was seriously a trip! ABSOLUTELY! I mean, I've been on TV several times before, on Redline TV and other shows on Speed Channel, and even announced drifting for the nationwide Drift Showoff Series, Import Showoff car shows, Fashion Icons automotive fashion event in Hollywood, and the JGTC All-Star USA Event's XDL Show... so I'm not a stranger to the microphone or being interviewed. But dayam I don't know what it was... either the lack of sleep, too many Rockstar and Starbucks DoubleShots, or probably just the fact that I was seriously TRIPPIN about being on ABC News Now and the fact that it was LIVE and uncut.

They had me in a room in ABC Studios, and they had lights and a camera on me, and had me sitting in a chair, lookin like I was in a library or something... the producer in Times Square told me I would have a monitor in front of me, so I could see the anchor talking to me, but I didn't cause it was super early in the morning, and tha ABC bureau in LA didn't have it set up yet. So we had this earpiece in my ear, and the volume stuff on my lap, and the camera was just on me all the time. It was weird cause they had me waiting for quite some time, and I could hear the rest of the new broadcast, so I was listening to that, and talking to other people who were in the room with me in LA... and then suddenly, in my ear, it was like "Antonio you're ON!" and they introduced me and began asking me questions. It was so weird cause I had to just look into the camera and talk.

I was on a LIVE feed with the anchor in New York City, so they couldn't edit anything I said... couldn't edit out the pauses, or any cusswords I might slip out! And THAT is the worst thing I was nervous about! Duuuuuuuude for anyone who really knows me, I often say stuff like "you know, like... throttle techniques, braking techniques, e-braking and sh!t... and uhmm... weight transfer and sh!t..." or other stuff like that, these words just kind of slip out, especially when you're talking to friends, so I was SUPER nervous not to do that on television!

So I guess I succeeded in my goal of not cussing on television (my mom was gonna watch it!), and woohooo I'm stoked I remembered to mention drifting a few times in the interview! Haha... These are just some of my views on drifting. I hope you guys feel me on this.

Drifting is a LIFESTYLE. Drifting is not a fad. Drifting CHANGED MY LIFE. It really really did. ABSOLUTELY! Drifting will change the world. If we continue to grow it and support it by supporting the efforts of grassroots drifting, and by responsibly helping to shape the huge emerging "Drifting industry" and the image of drifting as portrayed in major media outlets.

Support DRIFTING Everybody!

(And if like cool photography, then show your love by buying a copy of my book.
                  http://store.driftingshop.com/driftingbook.html )

Thank you so much for all your support guys! Especially appreciate all the Formula D and D1GP drivers who are showing their support of me and the book- OUR BOOK on DRIFTING. It is OUR motorsport and OUR lifestyle.

Come cheer on all my friends who are driving at D1 Grand Prix this upcoming weekend! CHEER FOR KUMAKUBO!!!!!!! He is in the points lead, and might win 1st in the overall series!!! I can't wait, it would be so exciting! And we will be selling books and other merchandise there too!

BTW the direct link to my interview is here:
                  http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2710479

Absolutely Antonio Alvendia
                  Author and Photographer

DRIFTING: Sideways from Japan to America
                  :::Automotive Best Seller!:::
                  www.driftingbook.com
                  www.myspace.com/driftingbook

Cipher Garage
                  www.myspace.com/ciphergarage
                  Last edited by CipherGarage; 12-12-2006, 01:48 AM. Reason: add URL

Comment

wow BIG congrats antonio!

I just finished watching it, I'm glad they interviewed you

Comment

when you said "underworld of drifting" that guy got alot more interested
                      Last edited by hatebbobbarker; 12-10-2006, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Antonio!!! Props to you from Chris and I!! You did a very good job talking on LIVE TV!!! It's an awesome interview! But absolutely too many "absolutely"! :P
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

that absolutely rocked hehehe

i'll be nervous as hell being on the tv news...shxt...lol...

Comment

very good stuff. very well thought out questions too.

Comment

Good work Antonio!
                              Psyched for the ABC News coverage for sure.

It's cool regardless if it was "Absolutely" a great interview.

I didn't even notice to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                              X