Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limited_Options
    what is an RR?
    RR has the engine behind the rear axle and has the rear wheels driving the car, as opposed to MR where the engine is infront of the rear axle. I think some porches hav that layout

Comment

A good example for a RR is some Porsche's... But alot of the newer ones are R-AWD though

Comment

240sx isone of the best drifters i have seen and drifted

Comment

What about the Starquests? I heard they have pretty good weight distribution, are fairly on the lighter side, lsd stock, fmic stock, and a decent little turbo...besides i drift mine all the time

Josh

Comment

what about the corona?......haha sorry, had to.

Comment

hey you krasci you dont have pics of your ride the soarer one??

Comment

i have an rr vehicle. how do rr vehicles drift, wouldnt they have way too much oversteer?

Comment

I was wondering.....other than the Lancer, Impreza, Lexus IS and GS, what other possibly good drifter base cars are there in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by tsi drift
                    What about the Starquests? I heard they have pretty good weight distribution, are fairly on the lighter side, lsd stock, fmic stock, and a decent little turbo...besides i drift mine all the time

Josh
                    Hey man Im thinking about buying a conquest in the next few days...i was wondering if there was any problems i should look for......it has about 97000 miles on it....any feedback would be great

Comment

Originally posted by tcofkorn
                      Hey man Im thinking about buying a conquest in the next few days...i was wondering if there was any problems i should look for......it has about 97000 miles on it....any feedback would be great
                      umm yeah actually there are some things...one make sure that the turbo is good...your vac lines are all there or all your vac inlets are capped off. Make sure your vac lines are going to the proper places. Also make sure that the head gasket is not blown, and your o2 is working...buy an a/f gauge and boost gauge as soon as you get it to make sure that the car is running good and not too rich/lean. Just do a basic tune up when you get it...and you should be ok. Also want more info go to www.starquestclub.com or www.tristarion.com...both great sites and really helpful people.

josh

Comment

if you havent tried drifting a miata you should they are great just got a ride in my uncles miata it was so easy to drift its probably up there with the 240 with easiest car to drift maybe even easier.

Comment

I guess my quest supposedly has almost a 50/50 weight ratio...its pretty easy to drift once you get it sideways..i think i need new rear brakes...

josh

Comment

thanks for the info....

Comment

Ahh i forgot one crucial thing...make sure that the Primary fan works...because if it doesnt...a whole lotta problems will come like a blown head gasket...

Comment

I checked it out and it was an '83 conquest turbo...it was in near perfect condition exceot for some cracking in the leather seats. He wanted $3600 and said he'd included and extra air box and turbo...oh yeah it only had 95000 miles on it....i think i may have a new car in the next couple of days.

sORRY TO JACK THE THREAD..JUST GOT EXCITED

Comment

Working...
                                X