ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hunterd557 View Post
    Please don't tell me you're gonna drift that . . .
    It's mostly just the bumper and fenders, the little Hardbody will get slideways!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by hunterd557 View Post
        WHAT? It's not as bad as it looks.

Comment

• Ignore the nay sayers!

There is NO bad in this ONLY GOOD.

Here let me break it down

Drift Truck

Pros: Its a drifting truck

Cons: None..

See?! Right there in black and white. You must do this...it will unite the entire community...it will bring peace to motorsport land....women will take off their tops and flock in your direction. It must be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
            Ignore the nay sayers!

There is NO bad in this ONLY GOOD.

Here let me break it down

Drift Truck

Pros: Its a drifting truck

Cons: None..

See?! Right there in black and white. You must do this...it will unite the entire community...it will bring peace to motorsport land....women will take off their tops and flock in your direction. It must be done.
            Well, it's bought and I have awesome plans for it. We'll see what it'll do. Need to see what it will take to swap the rack and pinion from an S13 like that guy from Garage Miniz did with their D21 long bed. They even did a coilover conversion on the front and rear.

www.garageminiz.com

Comment

• I would also to be want of your drift championship skill for my team. Do you sr20 truck slide?

Comment

• Originally posted by GBC View Post
                I would also to be want of your drift championship skill for my team. Do you sr20 truck slide?
                Wait... What?

Comment

• Originally posted by GBC View Post
                  I would also to be want of your drift championship skill for my team. Do you sr20 truck slide?
                  Enough of the fake rough-translation garbage. Seriously.

Comment

• I'm laughing sooo hard, LMAO! WOW!

-Dave

Comment

• I just started thinking about something...

Dave, you aren't thinking that I'm going to drift my Hardbody like it is, do you? I'm going fix the front end, so don't get me wrong. The Hardbody will come out looking better (found a grill and radiator on craigslist, found some good looking lights and a set of ZX10 throttle bodies on ebay). I would love to come out of this at or under $2009 (and you're getting an idea of one of the grassroots events I'm looking to do).

It's also a project for my radio show, "MOTöR," that will go live in Mid-March. The show will be covering the Redline Time Attack series and the Mid-Atlantic Racing and Automotive scene. It will be carried on WHAP 1340 AM here in the Tri-Cities/Richmond, VA area and on the internet on whap1340.com. I plan on having a site just for MOTöR by the first or middle part of March, but we'll see how funding on that goes.

THUS, because it will be the show's project AND my daily driver, it can't stay "busted!" I'm going to start sketching and Photoshoping in order to give a better idea of how I want it to end up.

Comment

• Nice lil' hardbody. Out of curiosity, what are the smog laws out there? My dad and I have always wanted to pick one of those babys and drop an RB into it, but sadly if it's not '75 or older it's not legal here.

Or even an SR into one of the really old Datsun pickups. It'd be a really fun project.

Comment

• Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                          Nice lil' hardbody. Out of curiosity, what are the smog laws out there? My dad and I have always wanted to pick one of those babys and drop an RB into it, but sadly if it's not '75 or older it's not legal here.

Or even an SR into one of the really old Datsun pickups. It'd be a really fun project.
                          Well, in my part of Virginia, it's a visual inspection. NoVA (Northern Virginia) and I think some parts west do smog checks as part of the annual state inspection. So long as the car uses the same smog equipment as the chassis is certified for, you can use any engine you wish.

Even then, there is "interpretation" room, what I mean is that while a State Inspector may say it passes or not, the State Police have final say. Even then, one inspector may say it passes, but another can say it fails.

The State Inspection rule book can be purchased by anyone that has $20 (last I checked, that was the price), and I recommend it purchasing it and reading through it if you are going to modify your vehicle in the state of Virginia. Don't be afraid to call a State Police officer if you think you are failing when you shouldn't. If you're wrong, fix it no fine for failing other than correcting the problem, if you're right you saved yourself some money.

Comment

• Haha, I'm out in the smog *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* land of California, and actually use to work at a smog station. We can't get away with *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* here. Hell, I have to be carefull what kind of cold air intake I put on 'cause if it doesn't have an ARB stamp on it, I'll get tagged with 'illegal modifications'.

Sometimes I really hate California.

Comment

• Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                              Haha, I'm out in the smog *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* land of California, and actually use to work at a smog station. We can't get away with *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* here. Hell, I have to be carefull what kind of cold air intake I put on 'cause if it doesn't have an ARB stamp on it, I'll get tagged with 'illegal modifications'.

Sometimes I really hate California.
                              Sometimes I'm glad I live in Virginia, but it's times when I hear more and more grassroots drifting and racing events and nothing much here is when I get state envy.

Comment

• There's always Georgia . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X