No announcement yet.

My 1973 Volvo 145E as a drift machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1973 Volvo 145E as a drift machine?

I share this car with my dad... I know for a fact they handle being sideways really well with the right suspension setup. All I need is some power maybe from a B21FT swap. Pretty mint volvo wagon though, needs an lsd thats for sure. Looking for input from all you japan tuner dudes out there. Go sweden! I rally a subaru too.

I would really love to see that! Please keep us all updated.

Comment

I want to know why this post was moved from General discussion which I think it belongs in... (Seeing posts similar to it in there.) To *BEGINNERS yay* Its not like i'm new to drifting or something... Maybe drifting on dry tarmac but thats about it. Seems to be a little easier on your car when its being done in the woods. Unless you hit a tree or something...

Comment

She looks in good shape for a '73. A couple questions:
        -How stiff are they, structurally? Much flex, possibility of breaking chassis?
        -It looks rear heavy, what's the weight distribution?
        -Does your dad mind?

Comment

I had a 142 once (same chassis) I romped on that car HARD for two years bumping into other cars (on purpose) shopping carts at 50mph... Got slammed into by a women in a vw golf doing 50mph while I was at a stoplight which pushed me half way into the intersection and totalled her car out beyond belief. Our bumper got pushed in a little bit no body damage and the wipers broke lol. So i would have to say theres no chance gettin her sideways would make the chassis break. It doesn't handle well yet because there is no sway bar upgrades and it needs new shocks and some progressive springs. Once my legacy is caged I plan to buy some bilsteans. I wish I knew the weight distribution. Probably close to 50/50. The body is in very nice shape the side in that photo is actually the bad side of the car there is one small surface rust thing right in front of the wheel well there. My dad wouldn't mind as long as I pay for repairs hehe.

Comment

i45's are very stiff cars, good for motorsport. The only problems with drifting one are weight distribution and short wheelbase... not that a short wheelbase makes the car un-driftable, it wil just be a bit snappy.

I own a 242GLT that Im building as a drift car... so Ive done some research

The rear end in a 240 is a dana 30... straight out of a jeep. diffs are easy to find. So if you did that b21ft swap, youd be all set to go.

suspension for the 145... honestly, I dont know. try www.turbobricks.com

good luck! volvo drifters represent !

Comment

Originally posted by SuperRallyRoo
              I share this car with my dad... I know for a fact they handle being sideways really well with the right suspension setup.
              try to look up some photos of volvos from the ETCC back in the old Group A days...

actually, nevermind. I did it for you:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...40&btnG=Search

http://wwwrsphysse.anu.edu.au/~amh11...olvo_specs.htm

Last edited by malcolm; 02-03-2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Do it! I love Volvos. Check out the Swedish drift sites. Alot of those guys use em and they are awesome! Theres vids too but I cant think of the site name off the top of my head. Here's some sweet Volvo's to hold you over

Comment

here are a few more from my personal collection
                  Attached Files

Comment

hey if it rwd and light drift it...i dont know anything about volvos but there's a kid in my school and he drifts(or trys to drift) his volvo and he's having fun doing it.....

Comment

Working...
                    X