ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Seats. What you use,and your opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Seats. What you use,and your opinions.

Hey I am looking for a good pair of racing seats. fixed or recl.
    So If you guys could post seats you use and what you think about them.
    Thanks a bunch guys...

Recaro sports. They can recline and have one other adjustment you can make that will pump the bottom part of the seat near your thighs. Very comfortable, brackets were pricey as hell though..

Comment

Can't go wrong with Sparco, I use a Torino because I wanted something I could commute in for 2 hours a day and not lose feeling in my arse. I'm also a bigger guy, so the Torino holds me in just fine.

For a true racing seat, you should go with a bucket, it will hold you better than any reclineable.

Comment

i just got this at the sparco sale for 100 bucks.... you can see its missing that one plastic piece, but im on a budget so it works for me!

(btw, it was either this blue or a bright yellow, so...)
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nihon jin desu
          Hey I am looking for a good pair of racing seats. fixed or recl.
          So If you guys could post seats you use and what you think about them.
          Thanks a bunch guys...
          Many times seats are good/bad based on your body type. Take a few measurements and look at the fit guide on www.tankslapper.com:

http://www.tankslapperautosport.com/pages.php?pageid=2

If you find something you like, let me know. The website is brand new and not quite ready for online orders yet. Just send me an e-mail at matt@tankslapperautosport.com

Comment

the links aren't working.

Comment

Kirkey aluminum road race seat. Fits like a glove, rigid, light, and cheap. Sure, it's not all "jdm-tyte" or whatever, but it does the job quite well.

www.kirkey.com (if that's not their link, google it)
              Attached Files

Comment

Bride zeta II with super low rail. Im as snug as a bug. Buckets arent as bad as people say

Comment

yeah, brides are great if you got the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                    the links aren't working.
                    Sorry, my web guy had to take the site back down last night temporarily to set up the e-commerce portion. Like I said, the website isn't quite ready to go yet. It should be up and ready for business in about two weeks. If you can wait a couple of weeks before ordering the seat, I'll give you a discount.

Matt

Comment

ok, sound as a pound.

Comment

sparco speed is cheap, i like em, they sit high if you use the sparco bracket, which i did, if youre not down with that, have to make custom brackets, which is what my buddy did, he likes it too.

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
                          sparco speed is cheap, i like em, they sit high if you use the sparco bracket, which i did, if youre not down with that, have to make custom brackets, which is what my buddy did, he likes it too.
                          That seat is definately cheaper, around $350 or so. Does it hurt your backbone if you drive for any long distance though?

Comment

If you are driving an s13 I would highly suggest some R32 Skyline GT-R seats. The s13 has a really akward floorpan and the seats bolt up with very minor mods.

Comment

i've sat in a wide variety of seats and i keep coming back to the Buddy Club Racing Spec seats......they are a fixed back seat but when i sat in JRs car i couldn't get over how those seats just hugged me and didn't want me to get up .......now if you wanted a reclineable seat the Corbeau A4s are very comfortable....but i'm going to get the Buddy Club seats b/c they provide more lateral support

like somebody had said before....it makes a big difference as to what size your frame is.....i'm 5'6" and about 155lbs so i need a slimmer seat than somebody who is 5'6" and 170 lbs

i'm probably going to get the Buddy Club seat for my seat and a more comfortable reclineable passenger seat so that i can have a wider variety of people ride up front

Late,
                              Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X