Tandem Drifting...some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tandem Drifting...some thoughts

Was just thinking what if there was a tandem drifting competition where instead of battling against each other, they would both be together as on a team. There would be 2 cars and 2 drivers per team. They would be judged and awarded points for categories such as speed, angle, line, how synchronized the two are when initiating the drift, and not necessarily how close they are from each other, but how consistent the two can keep the distance from one another while drifting.

Just a thought that seemed interesting..something new to add to the drifting community

Comments?

Opinions?

-Ben
    Last edited by krazzyyo; 02-17-2005, 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling error

already been a competition like that.
    i think we got 5th place.
    don't remember for sure though.

it was SUPER fun!!!

Comment

Ha, me and my friends do that on a slick track by my house back home. Great fun on gokarts.

Comment

so like BM events in japan!

Comment

It's called a G5. Group of 5 cars per team drifting at the same time. I think there's a competition brewing here in CA for this year already.

it's been done, not just 2, but 5 cars at the same time ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
            already been a competition like that.
            i think we got 5th place.
            don't remember for sure though.

it was SUPER fun!!!
            *Censored**Censored**Censored* monkey!!! We got 5th!! Land Ho!!!! 5th place, top 5 mofo!

see pics at:
            www.land-ho.net

btw you gots 4th foolio. And it was SUPER fun!

Terry

Comment

They have that in Japan...seen it on some option videos...sometimes they run up to 5-6 cars at a time! Really cool stuff. This past Drift Showoff here in Cali had a competition like that for pairs, we were referring to it as "twin drift competition." Fun stuff...I can't wait to tandem with Ben in a few weeks after I get my cage oh yeah!!!!!
              Nadine Hsu
              http://www.nadine180.com
              http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

Thats gotta put a interesting strain on friendships and such. Instead of wrecking into your "enemys" you are wrecking into your friends. Would be easy to cast out the worst driver that causes the most contact.

Neat to watch either way.

Comment

Originally posted by kclo4
                  Thats gotta put a interesting strain on friendships and such. Instead of wrecking into your "enemys" you are wrecking into your friends. Would be easy to cast out the worst driver that causes the most contact.

it is more like pairs figure skating.

beside man, there are no enemy drifters. We support each other!
                  Enemys are for 8th graders and George Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by kclo4

Twin drift is when a pair go drifts together, tandem, but not against each other. They put on the best show together to impress the judges. They compete against other pairs. Your partner is not who you're against...its the other pairs that you're against. hahha am I making any sense
                    Nadine Hsu

Comment

Originally posted by akuma S14
                      it is more like pairs figure skating.

beside man, there are no enemy drifters. We support each other!
                      Enemys are for 8th graders and George Bush.
                      Word! Figure skating! . I don't know any pairs, but I Love Michelle Kwan
                      Nadine Hsu

Comment

Word! Figure skating! . I don't know any pairs, but I Love Michelle Kwan
                        my girlfriend is into firgure skating... after watching some of the pairs skaters on tv with her, man that sh*t is **dangerous**. They had a segment where they showed some of the accidents they had (think about falling head first onto the ice when you are being held 8 feet in the air by your partner...).

safety-wise, I'd do tandem drifting ANY day before I'd do pairs figure-skating.... Hell, I'd do the Isle of Man in a 250-shifter kart before I'd do pairs figure skating.

Comment

I know, that is exactly my point. I have seem some of the 5 car competitions on random internet videos and saw a lot of contact. Obveously unintentional, but when your buddies are running into you all the time, its got to be interesting.

I am sure its not that big of a deal. Everybody knows there is risk of car damage when they drift, especially very close to other cars, so they prolly just take it all in stride.

Comment

Nadine, are you coming to Land Ho!! private event on april 30th?

you betta!

www.land-ho.net now with competition!

Comment

whattt?
                              we got 4th?
                              kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*!
                              movin on up!
                              thats like... runner up... or something.

i'll be at the event on the 30th. booya!

and, with the rise of team and pair drifting, you damn well better know that our cars are gonna get worse, before they get better!
                              hahaha.... but kind of a sad face.
                              lolerdisneyland.

Comment

Working...
                              X