No announcement yet.

(FEEDBACK) D1 GRAND PRIX August 1, 2009 - Chicago, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.. I personally don't wanna see my friends fight... Jacob and Ali are both very dedicated to the world of drifting and i only wish for a keg party and laughs. Come to China.. I'll get you both drunk!

Comment

Team Orange has been issued $17,500 in fines by D1GP USA.???

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Fleming View Post
        What I know of the drift box this far:

I will learn more about it and share the knowledge with all of you. It's actually really reliable as long as we have a good 12v source to tap off of.
        Or...you can do like me and read all about it driftbox.com

Now what I would really like is a print out from the driftbox data after every run. According to the website, it IS possible. Something else that would help D1 and drivers would be a video demo of the driftbox prior to competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
          Ironically, I've never met nor talked with Ali previous to this thread. I don't even know what the guy looks like. Sorry, I wish there was more story / drama behind it, but if there is, it's all news to me.

In the meantime, I'm at FD Seattle. Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite a good show.
          so how did seattle go ? i heard only 30 cars for 32 positions ? is that true... if so at least D1 has full field !

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
            so how did seattle go ? i heard only 30 cars for 32 positions ? is that true... if so at least D1 has full field !
            If so, would you want 30 who has a realistic chance of a podium finish? Or 32, with only the top 8 drivers having a real chance. There is too much of a talent discrepancy in D1. There's the J drivers, Forrest Wang, and who else?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
              If so, would you want 30 who has a realistic chance of a podium finish? Or 32, with only the top 8 drivers having a real chance. There is too much of a talent discrepancy in D1. There's the J drivers, Forrest Wang, and who else?
              There are the Fins (who if you have not seen are awesome, all 3 of them).
              Chelsea Denofa
              Quoc Ly
              Aaron Losey
              Will Parsons
              Bill Sherman

just to name a few. they may not have the corporate backing like FD drivers, but definitely have the skill to make *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happen on any given day.

Comment

There are the Fins (who if you have not seen are awesome, all 3 of them).
                Chelsea Denofa
                Quoc Ly
                Aaron Losey
                Will Parsons
                Bill Sherman

just to name a few. they may not have the corporate backing like FD drivers, but definitely have the skill to make *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* happen on any given day.
                So maybe I should expand my 8 to 10 probable drivers. Quoc and Hokannen were in my Top 8. Denofa and Losey would round out the 10. That's about it. The rest are just there to fill the field.

Comment

So maybe I should expand my 8 to 10 probable drivers. Quoc and Hokannen were in my Top 8. Denofa and Losey would round out the 10. That's about it. The rest are just there to fill the field.
                  if you say so.. i remember back in the day when FD was the same way. it takes time to build up a full line-up.

Comment

if you say so.. i remember back in the day when FD was the same way. it takes time to build up a full line-up.
                    I agree. It's just with all the hype that was surrounding D1 USA this year made people have real high expectations. D1 USA made people assume that it was the awesome D1 that was already established returning to the US, instead, it's more of D1 in the re-building phase.

Comment

I agree. It's just with all the hype that was surrounding D1 USA this year made people have real high expectations. D1 USA made people assume that it was the awesome D1 that was already established returning to the US, instead, it's more of D1 in the re-building phase.
                      i couldnt agree more... i guess i went into this season with lower expectations than many others here on the forum, and knew that it wouldnt be the old school irwindale days, but something new and with their own twist.

it was cool to see the J drivers !

Comment

Maybe some of you guys can help me out here... I paid to upgrade my D1GP chicago preferred seating tickets to VIP tickets prior to the event via a link Jessica @ D1GP emailed me. When I arrived at Will-Call at the event I was only able to get my preferred seating tickets because D1GP did not have the updated list of the people who paid for upgrades to VIP. I even provided proof which was in the form of the actual printed sheet that I was emailed after my transaction was complete. My credit card was charged and everything yet I was still not able to obtain my VIP tickets. I ended up in the preferred seating section for $55/ticket which I was pissed about since I paid for the VIP upgrade. I've emailed Jessica and D1GP multiple times since the event and haven't heard anything back, they are obviously avoiding my emails because I'm asking for a refund. Do any of you know how I can get my $ back for the upgrade? Has anyone else had this issue? I am about to call my credit card company and dispute the charge since I was not given the tickets I paid for... Please comment if you have any ideas or a better way for me to get into contact with D1GP. Thank you!!!!

Comment

Geeze, hot damn shame.

Hope you get your money back man.

Comment

did you call that number i gave you to try to upgrade ur ticket? if you forgot it it is (949) 252-0155

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
                              did you call that number i gave you to try to upgrade ur ticket? if you forgot it it is (949) 252-0155
                              Hey thanks for getting me this number again, I will try it and see if it works out. I really appreciate it!

Comment

This whole event was just half-a$$ed. The security were D'bag's and there was lots of issues with the type of ticket people purchased.

As far as team orange, what pissed off tanaka was the fact that Forrest Wang was barreling out of the grid and running side-by-side into the first corner, and the judges did nothing about it. In the drivers meeting, Tsuchiya told the drivers to give each other space because of the long, but narrow staight away in order to enter the corner fairly. Wang didn't do that from my point of view. That's why Kumakubo refused to run, they weren't enforcing ALL the rules. In the end Nomuken won the event, but threw the trophy away, because he felt it was unfair.

Comment

Working...
                                X