Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexusboy View Post
    how ever, people use L4 or L6 as well.
    Yah, but my point was it has nothing to do with what he wrote in his notebook. Some stuff he says is just completely off-topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting Pwns View Post
      Yah, but my point was it has nothing to do with what he wrote in his notebook. Some stuff he says is just completely off-topic.

welcome to the internet... o well, it happens i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifting Pwns View Post
        Still what you wrote in your notebook from the school you went to has nothing to do with what you called it.

"i wrote I4 instead of Inline-4 in my notebook from the school i went to."

It's not like you wrote v4 in your notebook. You wrote I4 which is correct.
        look guy. until i lost my job while i was in school, i averaged about 3 hours of sleep a day. i went to work everyday at 9:00pm and got off work at 4:00am. i would get home around 6:00am to go to school at 7:30am. i got out of school at 1:45pm everyday. weekends was the only time i ever slept, and that was rare because i would rent cars and run the streets on weekends. anything i wrote in my notebook while i was in school more than likely needs to be edited for anyone to be able to read. i wrote like a reporter, write things close to what they actually mean and hope i remember it later.

Comment

Rotary > Pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by K!NCH[FC3S] View Post
            Rotary > Pistons.
            the rx-8 is a beast . i thought it was a rotary, but it's a weinkel. rotary engines are hard to work on. pistons are easier.
            Last edited by ; 05-26-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: i confused myself while i was typing

Comment

Originally posted by CivicGhost99 View Post
              i thought it was a rotary, but it's a weinkel.
              I lol'd so hard at that.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                I lol'd so hard at that.
                Since you want to have no life and be whack, weinkel is spelled wankel. Thanks for being a dork, causing me to have to revise that for you!
                Last edited by ; 05-31-2008, 09:08 PM. Reason: Since this guy is my fan and all, I had to make sure I spelled everything right a second time. :D

Comment

Thats not what i was laughing about.

Comment

this thread is amazing.

twin-bank rotaries in 2009.

Comment

Henry Weinkel played the Fonze.

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                        I lol'd so hard at that.
                        So did I.

@CivicGhost: Wankle = Rotary.

Felix Wankle created the rotary engine... so the names are interchangeable.

Comment

Well thats basically true, there are quite a few different types of rotary engines though, the wankel rotary being one and probably one of the more popular ones around. Below are some pretty awesome designs.

There really are some impressive looking designs out there for them.
                          Last edited by gigglesnirt; 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Huh, those are pretty interesting. The one I'm looking forward to is the new 16x. Good on gas and has low RPM torque... BLASPHEMY!

Comment

http://www.keveney.com/Wankel.html
                              that's the link to the example my engines teacher showed in class. the guy worked for Mercedes Bens for over 20 years before he taught at Lincon Tech. alot of people thought the guy was a joke, but the ones that did were slackers anyway.

Comment

Actually, wankle rotaries are reputed to be "thirsty", low powered, and fragile. It would be better to stick with pistons as they are a more developed technology.

In fact, if you want a lot of noise, get a Porsche 912, they are relatively cheap, and have decent power, make a lot of noise, and is pretty reliable. It is the cheaper cousin of the 911, the 912 has a flat four instead of a flat six.

It may only have around 140 break horse power but it puts down the power very well since it is a rear engined car.

Comment

Working...
                                X