No announcement yet.

Ask RYAN HAMPTON Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yeah i race competitively and i win occasionaly... but i'm really into cars... i'm currently 14 and when i get out of highschool i want to race touring cars/drift pretty much any car sport... i don't really plan on going very far in dirtbiking cause i get hurt way to much lol 3 broken fingers right now concusion broken arm etc.
    is there any school's in houston texas? lol i really got to try that out thanks for the info

Comment

Crap, I just lost everything I typed..

Hit back by accident so Ill start over and it will be abbreviated..I just lost 50minutes of typing

Yes I used to do touge at Glendora Mountain road. I grew up in Glendora so it was convienetnt, but that was 14 years ago before it was Touge. We used to run from GMR to Azusa Canyon and we called it the GMR rally run. We used to run at 8/10ths just to leave a margin of error. That was where I learned how to drive at 16. I know it is Bad to do this and with all the clubs running track days I would not do it now.

My plans for the FC are, it is going to run in FD, and is sponsored by Upgrade Motoring, Swift Springs, Rotory Secret Seven, Neo, and Yokohama. I may or may not be driving it.

I think it is inevitable for FD or D1 to run in Phoenix. It is the best track for drifting and it has the best spectator viewing period. I am trying to convince FD to come there next year. And espicially with the promotion drifting is getting around Phoenix.. Did you see the Phoenix New Times a few weeks ago...The cover story was drifting...Congrats to '97 S14 SE Turb for making the cover!!

No the girl in my Avatar was the yokohama model I changed it to my wife though, shes better looking anyway..

How do I feel about JGTC coming here, I was very excited, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Who I idolize is James Hunt, and AJ Foyt. James Hunt was an F1 driver in the 70's. He was an absolute party animal and a Champion. He wore a patch on his suit that said "Sex the Breakfast of Champions". anyone like that I have tons of respect for. He banged lots of supermodels and died of a heart attack at 45. The light that shines twice as bright burns half as long...and AJ for his attitude. He will take the biggest POS and make it win. I share that same attitude. That why I love Alex P. also..

What I honestly find the most interesting Right Now is IRL.. They have the best racing going and the closest finishes period. I think in the last 3 years they have had the closest finishes that take the top 10 in all of racing. I know I will be bashed for liking oval racing, but trust me until you try it you don't know, it is absolutley nuts!! You get no rest and you are constantly racing. I do enjoy road racing more though. It takes a different skill than oval racing, but both are equally challenging. F! is boring as hell right now, and in my opinion the best road racing is World Challenge..Ultra Competitive..

Video Games...GT3 the one racing game everyone should own.. I have also played Tokyo Extreme Racing, very entertaining. Need for speed underground is kind of retarded as far as physics go...thats what you get for having a second rate formula atlantic driver help with the programing...(You know the guy at the beginning of the game, he is a tool, I know for a fact).

I will be selling pictures with my wife at FD for 5$ just kidding Craftsman you get one free one...

Now for the FC mods. The car has Tein HE coilovers, but they are custom valved. They are a full 1k more on the rebound side, and the are revalved to take 10k front and 9k rear in the middle, did that make sense? In other words I can go up to 12K in the front on the springs and 11K on the rear springs. Which I think I am going to try. That spring rate scares most people, but I love stiff cars. I also have racing beat sway bars. I am not running N/A however. My advice would be to go to a 3 rotor n/a, I am thinking about that right now. You can get 500+ reliable HP out of that and next year in FD thatis probably what you will need. Other than that we have stripped the car as much as we can A/C, interior, etc. Weight is the easiest thing to get rid of, and that is equal to more HP. Every 100lbs is roughly 25hp. I am also going with the least amount of cage that I can. Keep the weight Down!! it is cheap HP.!! I am also going to a haltec managment...I hear it is very easy to tune.. With the 13B we have we are shooting for 400hp. We also have a garret turbo and greddy intercooler. I have to thank all the people that are spending countless hours on the car they are, Upgrade Motoring, Swift Springs, Neo, Yokmohama, Rotory Secret Seven, Tony Angleo, Chris Forsberg, Baby (Alex), Pete, Alex P, Andy Yen and My Dad, they spent several late nights getting the car ready for D1 drivers search and I was out of town. I owe you guys huge!!

Don't believe the pro racer thing works with chicks, it dosen't. I just was on my game.. the night I met my wife... The racer thing didn't hurt though..

I got my test results back from the doctor and he said
      I got GAME!!

use that one it works wonders.

As far as PRKNGLOT
      I told you, motocross leads to injury HAHAHA, but one the bright side they get lots of hot chicks...I know I hung out with Jermey Mc before...

Here is a link to check out for karting

http://www.racekarts.com/html/links.html

they have alot of stuff about Texas karting near the bottom. I would go to some events and check it out!! Meet some people and ask a lot of questions!! I have some friends that are still in the loop so I will try to give you some good advice on chasis and tires and stuff.

My wife will appreciate the compliment Ryan!

I have rambled again...I'll shut up now..Sorry for the brief answers I think I had 5 pages typed before I lost them..that ok I spared you a lot of BS..Also The other guy I idolize is Buddy Rice, he is one of my friends, and he has dug so deep to get where he is... Congrats on the 500!! You deserve it!
      Last edited by RyanHampton; 08-18-2004, 10:23 PM.
      Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
        That's her... She's gorgeous. Anyways, I'll stop jocking his wife...

Man, I need to go pro racer too to get a hot wife like her...

Matt.
        OK. I suck...

I just found out that the girl to my right was Colleen Shannon... WOW! BTW, Ryan I love being Single...

WOW... I didn't know who she was.

OFF TOPIC SORRY!

Matt.
        Last edited by Craftsman; 08-17-2004, 08:07 PM.

Comment

What's up with D1 and JGTC? D1 is having the US vs Japan battle on the same day JGTC will be in Fontana, CA. What about the drivers that compete in both

Comment

I love drifting,but I would take the JGTC event over it any day.It's by far much more interactive.Acess to the pits,a couple of ride alongs for some lucky people,and you'll be able to actually race your car,along with demo runs.Then you have the autocross and drifting runs.Can't forget the race queens,they add that final subtle touch.Doesn't get much better than that.JGTC is very well balanced,making every race a fight to the finish.Imo,if there's a series to be in,JGTC is the place to be.The California event is really going to be a bang for your buck type of event.

Comment

Hey Ryan, Angelo here from DriftNation in Toronto, Canada. Sorry things didn't work out, was really looking forward to meeting you, if all goes well we'll get you guys up here next year.

Regarding the JGTC and D1 events in Dec, I had mentioned this earlier in another post, but no one seemed to have an answer. Glad to hear that someone is shedding some light on this. I've seen on the JGTC site that they will also be featuring many drifting sessions as well as time attack and auto-crossing, looks like all out war to me. My question is, which event will you be attending and why?

When you say that you don't think JGTC will come to north america, do you mean this year, or do you mean on a long term basis?

Comment

D1 is on the same day as JGTC? thats pretty messed up..but if i had to choose i would choose JGTC simply because it will finally be done in the US! D1 is nothing new because its been done here in the US and JGTC is finally making its way here for the first time.....while D1 had its fair share.
                plus like Feint said....its "the place to be"
                JGTC=
                so....the girl in the avatar is your wife?
                Last edited by DrifterN; 08-17-2004, 11:05 PM.

Comment

my respects to you....very impressive trayectory....like i told you before i can help you with everything you want on your FC project. i drift one so i know a little how it works. by7 the way keep me informated on the mods on your FC..props and god bless you...

REcardo from mexicali, Baja

Comment

I will be going to JGTC because I've lost respect for D1. I havent lost respect for the drivers but all the politics involved seem really *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up to me. Hopefully that changes in the future.

Now to get back on topic
                    Who will drive the FC in FD if you dont?
                    Why wouldnt you drive it?
                    Are you getting a sponsered car or something?
                    What would you drive in FD?

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the response..

Craftsman,
                      The twins in that picture worked for Yokohama at The Laguna Seca Shootout, where was your picture taken?

Angelo and Feint,
                      looking forward to it, I still have never been to Toronto...Got a friend there named Andrew Bordin.. Do you know him? He used to race atlantics. As far as what event I will be attending, probably both. I love JGTC Cars and maybe D1 will run late. Hows that for an answer? HaHaHa.Ha....Ha..ha. I think JGTC will come, just maybe not this year. I think there is a huge fan base in the US and we have seen where evryone stands. I just would like to drive in it....Anyit sounds like there will be plenty of entertainment.

Recardo,
                      I need all the help I can get, We need some help for next week to get the car finished for FD! are you anywhere near City of Industry? Right now I have Tony Angelo, but he is swamped with work so I don't know how much time he has, I'm out of town for the next two weeks before formula D and we need help. If you can help, I can trade some things out like dinner and drinks and some oil! and maybe a racing beat exhaust I have to get rid of..

Drifter N,
                      Yes that is my wife in the Avatar, She is the coolest chick I have ever met, I think that is why I married her. When I met her she had a supercharged Miata with 17 racing hearts...that's when I knew I met the right girl...Yes JGTC is awsone...

I still have respect for the D1 drivers also. They are still the best at what they do!! Now for the FC answers:

FC Raul,
                      Can't answer why I wouldn't be driving yet. (its secret)
                      The FC is sponsored by Upgrade Motoring, Swift Springs, Neo Lubricants, Rotary Secret 7, and Yokohama.

Thank you guys for the questions!
                      Ryan Hampton

Comment

oh damn......a supercharged miata with 17 inch racing harts.....that is nice!
                        have you considered taking that miata sideways? for fun?

Comment

I have drifted a Miata before...I drove one at drivers seach last year and in the first two Formula D events..

Not hers though, she sold it a couple of years ago. Miata is a hard car to drift, and if she did still have it, there is no way in hell she would let me!! HA HA..
                          Ryan Hampton

Comment

Ahh I'm all sticky, thanks guys...

Sorry off topic, and stupid...
                            Ryan Hampton

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                              I think JGTC will come, just maybe not this year. I think there is a huge fan base in the US and we have seen where evryone stands. I just would like to drive in it....

Hey, no fair! I wanted to be the first American in the JGTC.

Also, would you be interested in coming out to Vegas for a drift event some time (it's maybe a three hour drive)? There's the Hankook Tire Drift Finals on October 8th this year, it would be great to have some pros come out! I hope to be able to meet you sometime sooner than that though, and get your opinion on what I've done with my FC. I still want to make it to Formula D next weekend, so hopefully I'll see you there, but my car won't be complete until right before SevenStock. Also, will you be attending that? I hear it's the last one they're having... If I can help you with your FC, I'd love to, and it's very possible that I'd be able to do that once my car is up and running again (I have family out in California, so it's an easy excuse to come out on weekends and stay there ). What all do you need done? Thanks for putting a lot of time into answering people's questions, I really appreciate it. It's great to see the rotary guys giving it their all.

Comment

Hot Import Nights in Dallas... I got bored of show cars. Yea. Let's just say Colleen Shannon was getting a little touchy with me. I hope she doesn't see this... hehehe I want another picture of her at Irwindale...

You can look at show cars only for so long... I like racing. I'm a guy who loves gutted cars with no stereos. I can live with no A/C, no power steering, etc..

Ryan, any prospects of 100% factory sponsership? Another question. How the hell does Rhys Millen get fully backed from the factory? That really doesn't make too much sense to me.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X