• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHYS MILLEN - Car Setup Update

What has been done to your car over the last few
    months to get it to where it is at now?

By Rhys Millen

"The chassis has been the same since day one. The engine has gone through several design changes and updates but has remained the same since the start of the year. The main changes come in the form of complete suspension (coil over's) exchanged from KW to Cusco and finally nailing the correct flow pressure and by pass pressure on the power steering pump. This car has been very sensitive to pump pressure and we have tried several pump configurations to find a balance of high speed and low speed "self return" in the steering. It was up until Florida the I was still spinning several times and event, I hadn't forgotten how to drive, It was a simple off balance steering situation that left the car unbalanced and not super confident for me to drive and push hard. We have got it right now I guess you could say."

By RMR

Some interesting facts from this season:

-RMR is the only car in the top 20 to be using the OEM engine and chassis combination.
    -Genesis Coupe retains 85 percent of the factory engine components.
    -Only non-V8 to win an event in the 2011 series.
    -RMR gave Hankook Tires there 2nd win for the season.

Comment

So basically the car sucks for drifting and required tons of engineering for a top rally driver to control it. Check.

Comment

Love RMRs tuning style.

Looks like the biggest issue was the power steering. The motor issues are a given, who else in all American motorsports is running that thing?

Props to RMR, glad to see them getting everything worked out finally.
        Last edited by Bebop; 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          So basically the car sucks for drifting and required tons of engineering for a top rally driver to control it. Check.
          Uhh, so tell me which car doesnt require "tons of engineering" at this level? At the speeds and power levels these guys play with there is a fine line between control and chaos. If it were easy, you'd see everyone doing it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure JR still has the same OEM chassis and engine? And JR is ranked 8th, ahead of Millen's 10th place standings.

Comment

Cmon, does a oem manufactured race engine really count? Does Hyundai even have their own aftermarket/racing division?

I think the only thing stock about Vaughn's motor is the displacement... maybe.

Comment

^ Yeah thats not based on the Production V8 that comes in the current mustang. Its based on the old 4.6l Cobra DOHC engine. The new DOHC v8 is a completely different engine. So you could say it isn't in production configuration since it has an engine that isn't offered in the production model.

Comment

Working...
                X