• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (QUIT D1GP) KEIICHI TSUCHIYA And DAIJIRO INADA

(QUIT D1GP) KEIICHI TSUCHIYA And DAIJIRO INADA

http://www.7tune.com/news-scoop-keii...inada-quit-d1/

Time for Formula D to plan a Japanese event! J/K

So when the drivers and sponsors inevitably jump ship does that mean some of the drivers might come stateside? Lets Go Saito!
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 12-12-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Not surprised... I thought it was going to be the other way around though.

I'm like 98% positive Daigo will be in FD this year or next (2012)

Comment

Would be awesome if Daigo does compete in FD... in his JZX100! THAT would be freakin RAD!

Comment

I know in the article they state that Inada and Tsuchiya are looking at building a new series, but what do you think this will do for MSC?

Personally, I think this will help MSC grow since I'm fairly certain that D1 will either be gone or present a very minimal show next year. Especially since Yokohama is also gone for 2011 according to Wrecked Magazine.

Comment

If they're smart they'll buy a license from Formula D to use the brand in Japan.

Then people wont complain about the Red Bull World Championship not really being a "world" championship.

Comment

if FD is smart (and I have faith that they are), they won't let anyone in Japan license the name, especially anyone who's ever been associated with D1 Japan.

Remember, Slipstream Global (the company which spawned FD) had a relationship at one time with D1 Japan, and it didn't end so hot.

Comment

Are we so sure Keiichi and Ds Club were not the problem to begin with.

Remember all D's club wants to do is sell option DVDs

After all its Keiichi and Dai leaving D1... I don't know much about Japanese business law but it would lead me to believe if they had any leverage in the ordeal they would have made off with the name(D1GP).

D1GP has 2011 scheduled already, and ever since Saita took over they have they had reached a distribution deal with TSA. In my eyes, if you want the sport of drifting to fail in japan support D's Club.
                Last edited by Bebop; 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Even though I thought this might happen soon, I am still taken a bit by surprise at the same time. It makes sense but at the same time I thought it would take longer. I don't really have a whole lot of faith in Dai and Keiichi starting a better run series I'll say that much.

Comment

Time to break out some MMA=Drifting analogies.

Comment

Any specifics in terms of exactly why they are leaving? Didnt Dai and DK help spawn or event owned a portion of D1? Thats what I remembered last.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
                        Time to break out some MMA=Drifting analogies.

Pride FC 1997-2007

D1GP 2000- ????

Almost 10 years to the date as Pride.

Only issue with that is UFC had been around about 4 years prior to Pride. That's why when people bring it up I don't consider FD the equivalent to UFC.

Any specifics in terms of exactly why they are leaving? Didn't Dai and DK help spawn or event owned a portion of D1? That's what I remembered last.
                        I think further down the line D1 became a partnership between D's Club (Daijiro/TK) and Sunpros (Saita). Remember we are talking about japan, a place that takes many years for the most basic civil suit to resolve. Maybe instead of fighting over shares and names D's Club said eff it, left them with everything in hopes that people will follow their new series.

I'm by no means a expert or a insider so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I wonder which drivers will compete in their new series team orange?

Comment

D1 haters and FD fan boys are laughing hard right now..
                            Is this the beginning of the end for drifting?
                            Ken Block's gymkhana is more fun than drifting.
                            Drifting gets boring after a while, watching a couple of cars slide for a minute..how much more can you go sideways? Even worse with FD rules not allowing passing, where's the excitement seeing 2 cars side by side only to let the lead car keep the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinintheboysroom View Post
                              I wonder which drivers will compete in their new series team orange?

Highly doubt many established teams will make the jump, especially all Saita and co have been doing to make D1 more professional and less wrestling match. Team Orange hasn't taste much success in D1 Japan for the last two years. They might leave but in reality they are not much of a asset. Everyone who is backing this shift so far are in the pockets of one another.

Yashio Factory: Good friends with Dai, Sponsored by Yokohama

Yokohama: Long relationship with KT dating back to the 80s

D1 haters and FD fan boys are laughing hard right now..
                              Is this the beginning of the end for drifting?
                              Ken Block's gymkhana is more fun than drifting.
                              Drifting gets boring after a while, watching a couple of cars slide for a minute..how much more can you go sideways? Even worse with FD rules not allowing passing, where's the excitement seeing 2 cars side by side only to let the lead car keep the lead.
                              I feel your pain, I will always be a fan of drifting but I'm getting a little tired of it being so driver, team, sponsor oriented. Not many changes to excite the fans, I'm honestly sick of defending this sport to the outsiders.

I think Rally Cross will be the next big sport to excite the young.

Comment

Working...
                              X