No announcement yet.

Racist judges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point being is that the Supra was representing the U.S. and he huged the wall on almost every drift. I should know I was at the VIP side and standing like 10 from where he did it. it seemed that the judges didnt want a non-japanese drvier to win. i admit the others didnt cut it well maybe the GTO, but the Supra gave those Japs a run for there money. I honestly think the Supra should have been at the Least in the top 4

Comment

Thats what i thought revlimit, i watched it with my own eyes, and im by far no expert, but the supra had put on a hell of a show all day, except that race he was simply out driven.

we should be proud he made it that far, and not sore loosers about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
        WHAT THE F*CK I WAS THERE PUNK *Censored**Censored**Censored* VIP PASSES AND EVERYTHING DONT THINK UR ALL CRAZY CUZ U GOT TO GO THERE WAS A BILLION PPL THERE BIG WOOP.
        Could you rephrase that? i dont know what point your trying to make

Comment

he said he would give me credit if i was there

Comment

well i think that sam did a great job, up until his last race. he did the worst in that race. and if the judges say they think he was worse, i agree with them. i can barely drift, so let alone tell someone if they are better than someone else. i agree completely with the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
              he said he would give me credit if i was there
              oh okay gotcha

Comment

I dont think the judges are racist because the US guys lost. They are probably focusing on a bunch of different things besides where the drivers are from. Entry speed, entry angle, etc. Stuff the crowd is not focusing on. And you gotta remember just how good these japan guys are. Maybe its hard to point out at Irwindale (the neverending circle of cones! mwahah), but I've seen japan drivers on a somewhat normal track versus US guys, and those japan guys kick plain kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Instead of complaining, I think we should just accept the fact that the US drivers still need practice and thats that. As Bruce Almighty said 'Thats the way the cookie crumbles'.

Comment

Please don't think that the decision by the judges was biased or racist in any way whatsoever. Truth of the matter is, they were right. "Cool Roy" (our competition in the tandem) is an awesome driver, we all knew that before we ran. We were very blessed to have fans that rooted for us and shouted "one more time" and the judges agreed that we needed to go again. Of course we were praying for a "one more time" once again but oh well.

The Japanese showed us nothing but absolute respect. We were in constant communication with the judges trying to figure out what needed to be done to obtain maximum points. Samuel did an awesome job doing as much as he could. We are very proud of his accomplishment.

One more thing, if anyone thought they were biased or racist, rest assured they weren't. If they were, we wouldn't have been placed 10th out of the top 16. We were only 2 spots from the top 8! Being in that 10th spot means EVERYTHING! That means we can race in Japan!

We appreciate everyone's support in this event. Support Samuel "KISS THE WALL" Hubinette (We heard this one amongst fans yesterday, we thought it was funny) in Japan! In the final demo run though, it seems like we should have called him Samuel "MAKE OUT WITH THE WALL" Hubinette. hehehe. We love you Samuel, we're just joking! ha ha!
                  Last edited by STFUAD; 03-01-2004, 12:18 PM.

Comment

since when is tagging the wall almost every run an ideal racing line?

Comment

Is the Supra going to japan?? i would love to see an american driver competiting in japans home turf. Though i imagine there the japanese drivers will be even better! good luck guys. show them Americans dont give up easily.

Comment

This is D1 the highest leval in the sport the judges cant let an american win a round just so they dont get booed (funny word booed ) These problems will arise in a sport where the contestents are judged on style and not a sure thing like time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                          since when is tagging the wall almost every run an ideal racing line?
                          Haha...thats what I was thinking also Maybe close at the entrance or exit of the drift but if your in a turn and your close to the wall your probably way off from a good racing line.

Comment

what the fack. There not racist, they judge on what they see, not by the perosn. Yes, the supra was great during solo, but he wasnt keeping up in tandem

Comment

they judge on what they see, not by the perosn.
                              ANYBODY who actually believes that this is true, is wrong.

Comment

Anyone who thinks it was still racist go look at my GTO and Supra last battle picture thread in the pictures and videos sections.

And tell me who you think really won

Comment

Working...
                                X