ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looky what I picked up yesterday! (56K bottoms out?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancinghobo
    tein sucks...tsk tsk tsk , u should of gone with kei office.
    Haha, what a tool. They're definitely the most roxorz shocks out there because Drift Kings company makes them right?

Anyhoo, nice coils. Black and green looks good

Comment

Ohh so you bought them off of Rob, I was excited to see them on necc then he said they were sold. Nice buy

Comment

nice set there.

Comment

Originally posted by F.D.S_DORIKIN
          Ohh so you bought them off of Rob, I was excited to see them on necc then he said they were sold. Nice buy
          Haha, why thank you. I'd share them with you if I could. Unfortunately they aren't cookies

B-Wurm

Comment

You got ripped off. 3000k on them k= thousand, so 3 million miles on em? jk jk..I haven't slept and it sounded funny at the time. I really want some of those for my FC =/ too poor though so I'll try and be content with my KYB agx

Comment

whoot nice set you got there they look cleaner then mine when i picked up my HR's!...

they're great in the corners but ride quality is horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                Let me guess why, because they were made by the drift kings company, right?

Tein is the best selling suspension products company in Japan. They didnt get that reputation by selling sh!t man, I can guarantee you that.
                no they arent made by the drift king and they are one of the best suspensions out there. I like teins also they are a good alternative to the big $$$ coilovers like kei office but they arent made by kei office just designed by keichii to his specs. They are made by a huge suspension manufacturer in japan the same that makes silk roads if I am not mistaken.

oh btw I am not dog'in the teins at all. but anyone one of you that has dog'd the kei office coilovers obviously have not ridden in them. the stroke/spring rate/dampening make one of the best handling nicest riding (for the spring rates) most controlled s14's I have ridden in. They really are worth the money.
                Last edited by brainfood; 07-14-2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Tein, I would imagine would be the best selling because they are cheap, in relative to other sets. I'm not saying they suck, but they feel cheap as well when adjusting, they just don't seem to well manufactured. I've ridden on them a bunch and they feel on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                    no they arent made by the drift king and they are one of the best suspensions out there. I like teins also they are a good alternative to the big $$$ coilovers like kei office but they arent made by kei office just designed by keichii to his specs. They are made by a huge suspension manufacturer in japan the same that makes silk roads if I am not mistaken.

oh btw I am not dog'in the teins at all. but anyone one of you that has dog'd the kei office coilovers obviously have not ridden in them. the stroke/spring rate/dampening make one of the best handling nicest riding (for the spring rates) most controlled s14's I have ridden in. They really are worth the money.
                    i'm pretty sure kei office, silk roads, and gp sports coilovers are all made by the same manufacturer

Comment

I have the same Tein Flex's on my S14, and i love them. Perfect combo of daily drivability and performance. However, i ever get hardcore into drifting and stop driving my car everyday, i may step up to a stiffer setup. But you will love them! I love mine!

Comment

FINALLY! They're in!

Well, my friend finally found the time to help me put them in. Took 3 hours but for a mechanic who's never installed coilovers before and a non-mechanic who's hardly done any work on his car (fender, rad fan replacement) I'd say that's pretty good.

Now for the ride, first thing I noticed, obviously, was the stiffness. Second thing I noticed was the extreme lack of body roll. And then there's the cornering WOW! My car hugs the road through the corners! I've got it set at the basic height settings with dampening set to 8 at both ends and it already has a tendancy to oversteer even when I'm not trying. The car's personality has changed drastically. It still feels like the same car, it's just been toned into a more sure-footed performer.

I haven't truely drifted with them yet, that comes on Friday. But I already know it's going to be like night and day.

B-Wurm

Comment

tein flex are good street coilovers but for me there sprung a little(lot) soft
                          I had Tein HA's on my FC before I sold it...that was getting better.
                          the only problem I had with myTeins is they leak..but thats what they are known for..

honestly if I had the money...i would go with Penske Racing Shocks..
                          little(lot) pricy...but PIMP!

Comment

Working...
                          X