ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alignment: how do you do it on super low cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment: how do you do it on super low cars?

I now have access to hunter alignment machine and was wondering how you guys get the super low cars on the rack. How do the pros align their cars? is there some sort of specail tool that they use b/c their cars are so low?

so the pros use the same alignment machines? people like chris forsberg, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by slideways2004
      so the pros use the same alignment machines? people like chris forsberg, etc.
      not really...alex does his alignments the old-school way. tape measure and 2 metal boards, and a camber measuring device. computer alignments arent as accureate as the old school way, but it is less time consuming.

Comment

toe plates...there quite nice you can find them for aound $60 bucks on like with the tape measures..

Comment

Raising and lowering the car will effect suspension settings, making your alignment worthless. Just use some planks as ramps to get on to the machine.

I've always done my alignments with string, wood and tape measure. The most advanced equipment I have is a digital plum/level (for camber/castor) and a set of bathroom scales that used the ruggle'scales design (search for a thread where I talk about them on this board if you want).

The Hunter machine uses outboard reflectors, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X