ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it difficult to turbo charge NA FC's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by su_maverick
    I think its been widely stated that you can drop just about anything into an FC.. aside from maybe a turbine engine...

IF you are going to go V8 then go with an LS1... its aluminum so it only weighs 10-20lbs more then a rotary+turbo..
    the reason i state this is that there is a small shop out that makes the cross members and tranny mouts to drop in small block V8s and VG30..for cheep
    LS1 are cool but for the money i would go with a 5.0

Comment

the ford 302 is a good reliable motor. the b16 of v8's lol they belong in mustangs tho, dont insult the japan-ness of the rx-7... im in agreement with maverick on this one tho. for the money you will spend on the turbo swap or turbo'ing the n/a motor (which happens to have higher compression which requires very specifically tuned engine management $$$$ to avoid running lean and in the end detonating) . the 20b is an engine with aalot more potential than the 12a/13b platforms. the increased displacement allows for close to double (give or take) the hp and more importantly the tourqe. all in all if your on a low to moderate budget and your trying to build a dd/race car stay away from turbo rotaries. unless thier were maintained well (which 90 % werent) or you have the money for a pineapple or atkins reman (mazda remans suck by the way) they're money pits. id say keep the n/a motor give it a moderate to large street port, premix, exhaust and intake. thats all you'll really need as far as power goes. or a n/a 20b if you know someone who can weld you up some mounts. or if you wanna be unique and unoriginal at the same time , toss an sr20 at it. you might even be able to keep the near perfect weight distribution. hmmmmmmm......

Comment

Working...
      X