ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAST AND THE FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Sep 29th Press Release)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
    ^Well put crash, I agree with alot of your points. And mainly I agree with su Maverick.
    Mike, do you have to be so critical? My God, I was just expressing my opinion. Also dont assume anything about my car/driving, because no offense, you dont know me. I respect your good, and I wish you would express respect towards me too.
    Sleedawg, really, dont be so critical, thats pretty immature, and "the guy" drifting in my avatar is Ken Nomura(probably the best out there next to Taniguchi), and thats not Takumi, its Ryoki(sp).
    I am not "whining" about the movie, I just think it is going to be bad for our scene.
    I don't think the main actor(bow wow) is a good choice for the movie(no offense to him whatsoever), and I dont like the way they express the sport..."'Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift'....... Suawn unknowingly takes on the DK who has ties to the Yakuza, underprivledged parts of tokyo"
    That doesnt shine a good light on us to new commers and or cops.

Anyway, honestly, show mutual respect you guys. Be more mature than to be so critical to someone. And no offense at all, but half these guys are just agreeing with you because you are famous. Most of them have already posted negative remarks to this movie in other threads.
    Anyway, dont wanna start a "flame war" so I am heading out. Later you guys, and Mike and Sleedawg, dont take remarks so serious or harsh.
    Later.
    hey, it wasnt directed 10000% at you, ive just been reading this crap everywhere ( ppl hating hardcore on it) and i basically just unloaded on your posts, dont take it personal, i just wanted to make sure this whole thread wasnt full of hate for this movie, as it will probably help everyone in the industry as far as making it more mainstream, which is good.

Comment

I dont think anyone is agreeing because Mike is "famous". Nobody is famous in drifting right now. I guarantee if you walked down the street and asked 100 random people who Alex P. or Rhys was, they would give you a blank stare.
      The main reason that people are getting their feathers ruffled about this movie is that they dont want to be lumped together with the fools that are going to call themselves "drifters" later on. They are afraid that drifting will be corrupted in some way. The only problems is that the fools outnumber the purists and they are the ones with the money. But what alot of people dont understand is that drifting has already become commercialized. I dare you to check your local auto-trader for a 240sx and find one that actually goes for its blue book. People have jacked up the price to double and even tripple what the car is worth. Ive seen the S14 chassis 240 going for 8/9k which add a thousand or two and you can buy an FD.

Comment

Lighten up, Francis

Like Mike, my rant was not directed at anyone in particular. Just the haters in general. My apologies to Drifter-M if he thought the rant was direct at him. The ps. was maybe uncalled for and I do apologize for that. And correction, that wasn't Sears Point it was Driftland. Both pics are small and I didn't care to look at it too closely and spend time examining them.

In any case, some people are taking this movie way too seriously. It's a movie. It's entertainment and will be good for the industry and the sport. This isn't Farenheight 911 or Passion of the Christ. It's a glamed up Hollywood production. I think people understand the difference. Just like Driven, Days of Thunder, Gone in 60 Seconds, and every other car movie before it. People know it's a movie. Yes, some people are stupid enough to think... "Wow, is this real?!" But I think everyone agrees that those people are stupid. But at least they paid their money at the box office. My favorite will be my friends who aren't into motorsports or cars and will ask me question about the realism of the movie.

Mike, in regards to picking up "14 year old asian freshman high school chicks." I'M PARTYING WITH YOU AT SEMA!!! I'll introduce myself if and when I run into you there. I assume I'll be able to find you at the Flowmaster booth. I'll buy the first few rounds at the Ghost Bar at the Palms. Lots of nice girls there. A little older than 14 though.

In all seriousness... Yes, unfortunately there will be innocent people killed by some stupid people who watched the movie and goes out and drives like and idiot. Yes, the police will start to increase the crack down and profiling on import cars the second the movie trailer comes out. And yes, the news media will incorrectly hype up "street racing" and "street related deaths" again on the 10 o'clock news. But honestly all this has been going on for years. Law abiding citizens who have tastefully modified cars will be harassed more because of movies like this. It's all just another day in the industry. Try driving any moded import car in LA and see how many times a cop rolls up on you even if you're completely legal and not doing anything. Thankfully I have a police supporter card.

By the way... for those who don't know. Drifting has been around for a very long time. Go to the hood in Oakland, CA and you'll see a lot of people who don't know what drifting is do an amazing sideways slide through an intersection, donuts, etc. Sideshows (as they're called in Oakland) have been around for a long time. Nobody is discovering anything new w. drifitng. It's just becoming mainstream now. Go up to the mountains and find drifters who never been to a Formula D event but have been doing this for years. It's kind of like Streetball. People know who "Spider" or "The Professor" are, but do people know who "Doc Rock" and "Flip" who are OLD SCHOOL Streetballers are? Nope. It's all the media. If you see it on TV, it's already mainstream.

End of novel.

Comment

I just hope they'll have some smoking hot japanese chicks in it, not like the previous 2F2F....that chick was sooo broke a.s.s. oogly, u guys know which 1 im talking about....ewwww....lol.....but neways, it is just gonna be a hyped up movie, what in hollywood isnt hyped up?......so lets all just "Simma Down Now" and go watch the movie when it comes out and then sell our 240s for $20000 to all the ricers and wannabes....then we could buy all the hoes in the world...lmao....jk about that last part...... ......just thought a little joking around would cool this thread a bit....

Comment

Originally posted by 180sxdorift2
            I just hope they'll have some smoking hot japanese chicks in it, not like the previous 2F2F....that chick was sooo broke a.s.s. oogly, u guys know which 1 im talking about....ewwww....lol.....but neways, it is just gonna be a hyped up movie, what in hollywood isnt hyped up?......so lets all just "Simma Down Now" and go watch the movie when it comes out and then sell our 240s for $20000 to all the ricers and wannabes....then we could buy all the hoes in the world...lmao....jk about that last part...... ......just thought a little joking around would cool this thread a bit....
            I know that they have already booked several of the top import models to be in the movie. not sure of their roles or whatnot, but they definately aren't broke.... i believe 3 of them have done playboy...

Comment

I actually thought Devon Aoki was kinda hot... except she cant act for hell.. Comeon, who doesnt want and ECU that growls at them?

Comment

Ok heres my view, I dont want this movie to comeout for a lot of reason the main one is there are going to be a lot of kiddies now who are going to take up drifting..but cars and be funded by mom and dad..so thats going to push the price of cars up even higher..
                there going to go into the hills and be stupid, and not go to the track..
                and ruin all the good driving roads, there going to be infested by cops
                now that will force people that really like todrive, up farther out and that will be bad because it will be farther from help.we all know that no matter how good you are, *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* will happen..

There are so many other reasons but Ill just keep it at that one.

Comment

Mike, Sleedawg, glad we could come to an understanding.
                  Mike, I see your point to as this will make drifting grow huge, its just NORMALLY, too much of a good thing, is a bad thing, right?
                  I am just worried as to where this is gonna carry drifting, and how people that have never heard of drifting, are gonna classify us after this movie comes out do to its actors/roles/settings/gangs...

Comment

yeah, i dont want drifting to be classified side by side with gangs and criminals. but i do agree that the movie will help the sport of drifting grow, and as long as people don't do stupid things due to the influence of the movie, i think it'll boost our sport.

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge
                      .......... This is not a documentery, its entertainment............
                      X 11ty Billion

Comment

it's not gonna make parts cheaper. it will make them more expensive in a way. the main thing that is going to up is the price of cars. did you guys forget what happend to the supra? about a year or 2 ago, you couldn't find a clean TT for under $20k!! the only way parts are going to get cheaper is by people wrecking and having to part out their car or something. but this definately will bring out more crowds to all drift events

Comment

IMO the CARS will get more expensive themselves, as they have a low supply vs high demand, but now the parts will get cheaper because there is a larger market for them.

Comment

I personnaly thinl parts will go up. If more people buy, the more money they can charge and get. It will be the HAWT thing to have LSD in a year...

Comment

thats why your gonna have to start buying weird old RWD cars so that you can still get them cheap

Comment

i'll tell you one thing; this'll probably be the best footage of drifting we'll see, seeing how hollywood's willing to shell out millions to capture cars drifting, expecting an even bigger return.

Comment

Working...
                                X