Holy papalooni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy papalooni

First off, i'm typing with a cracked wrist so bear with me.

Now, what in the floofarming, hippetyhoololey, farnblooming heckstains is going on? 50% of the front page topics are the same goofball questions that we were trying to avoid with the "New to Drifting" forum. Listen up guys, just because you are new does not mean that you can throw common basic sense out the window. It does not give you the right to be lazy and not "search" SEARCH, serrch, surch, SrrCH, or however you crazy leetists are spelling it these days. Use the freaking search button. I am seeing duplicate posts out the wazoo.

Think about it, if one guys makes a "Whats the best car for Drifting" thread, and people answer it, they are not going to magically say something different for your thread. I can "maybe" and I mean MAYBE understand ONE thread but when there are TWO of them on the front page, I probably wouldn't make a new one.

So do us a favor, keep the clutter to a minimum. People are willing to help you as long as you don't just get all stupid and forget everything you learned in home training class. SEARCH, READ, LISTEN, LEARN and then, and only then, post something. This is a large site, has been around a bit and has alot of people on it that know mounds of info. Odds are your topic has been covered before numerous times. If you make a post about what Drift car to get, i'll do my best to shut it down because at this point, it's just sheer laziness.

[DELETED BY MODERATION]

Comment

Originally posted by Brothaman240
      EDITED
      You sir are an idiot plain and simple. When Ghost speaks on a subject you need to listen. To ignore him is to wallow in your own ignorance. This man only speaks out to help the forum that you are using. Not only am i very ashamed to see this kind of response to his post as a poster. But as a moderator i am not pleased with it.

Ghost has built more cars then you could probably name. He is not only an experienced car guy but also a driver. Hes one of the few people who can say they get paid for driving. And he drives one of the toughest roads in the country. There is so much you and indeed i and many can learn from this gentlemen. However the stuff hes posting about is the kind of stuff that drives men like him off this forum to others. And indeed your attitude is probably far worse then any of the offences he mentioned. He is a nice guy who is always willing to answer questions, yet you treat him like crap. Ignorance is what it is.

What forum do you think this is? How often do we allow people to post there stupid sarcastic pictures. One only post such crap if they can not string several words together to make a point.

<b>Consider this a severe warning from moderation Brothaman240. And if you cant accept it then perhaps this is not the forum for you.</b>

And ghost you are very much right. I posted something similar to this the other day. It is getting bad it seems. Anyways preach on.
      Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-15-2004, 04:00 PM.

Comment

As of now the “New to Drifting” thread titles do not appear on the homepage, but this can be restored if necessary.

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        50% of the front page topics are the same goofball questions that we were trying to avoid with the "New to Drifting" forum.

Comment

Sorry guys, im afraid I have posted somethat has already been done. for now on ill use the search bar. Anywho I like the fact that the admins infrom us newbies on this situation that we have.

Keep on drifting,
          Mad

ps. Ghost, Do you have any pictures of the cars that you have worked on? Maybe a website? I have an aprenticeship at my uncles garage and I thought i might be able to learn a few things from ur pictures and website. if you have them of course

Comment

Well, I am working on a website and we are currently in the process of opening a garage. You can see pictures of some of my cars on this site if you look around in the pictures section. I've owned about 50-60 cars and numerous bikes since I started driving about 17 years ago. I am currently building a 260Z and destroying an FD . All of that will be on the site.

Comment

this is my 200th post...... what happened to your wrist? and "

Hes one of the few people who can say they get paid for driving. And he drives one of the toughest roads in the country"

so what road do you drive on and how do you get paid? it sounds like one of those cool jobs.

Comment

I drive the Dragon. I got paid for instruction at the United Stuntmans Association Stunt School. I was an assistant driving teacher there.

Banged up my wrist doing Downhill Mt Biking.

Comment

oh really you drive there? i think i got to see a map or something and it looks crazy. what is 318 curves within 11 miles?

Comment

Working...
                  X