interesting vehicle iv discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting vehicle iv discovered

hey i currently am working on a s13, but i have found what seems to be 3 rwd isuzu impulses from the mid-late 80's. two are turbo and i think all three have the lotus handling option. does anyone know anything about these cars? i know some, like they are pretty light and the turbo model have the lsd, but ive looked on the net and there is like no aftermarket for these vehicles and what was there isnt anymore. help me out, i kinda like these funny looking things.

Originally posted by rollin_240
    hey i currently am working on a s13, but i have found what seems to be 3 rwd isuzu impulses from the mid-late 80's. two are turbo and i think all three have the lotus handling option. does anyone know anything about these cars? i know some, like they are pretty light and the turbo model have the lsd, but ive looked on the net and there is like no aftermarket for these vehicles and what was there isnt anymore. help me out, i kinda like these funny looking things.

there cool
    I think there is also an AWD version
    very limited aftermarket for it..if at all

Comment

I have a friend that had one as his first car, very fun car but no aftermarket to speak of. He sold it with like 200k miles on it and still running strong. But wanted something he could make faster, so he bought a Supra.

But i can remember having all kinds of fun in that car and alot of scary moments as well, but if you can find one for cheap i say buy it and just drive it as is, i would.

Comment

Yeah, the Impulse RS of the following generation was 160hp turbo and AWD in the same platform as a Geo Storm (only the front end is different). It is the factory B16 Civic eater and can also take on WRXs while being 12 years older! Supposedly there are a lot of Mitsubishi parts that will fit since Isuzu didn't have the infrastructure to manufacture stuff like differentials, etc. (I think the diff is a Hitachi R180, don't quote me on it)

Comment

Working...
        X