Need personal opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need personal opinion

So, I'm about to get my first car and I plan to get a RWD since I want to learn how to drift. So my problem is that I have been researching for what the best car for drifting would be and I came up with a 91 nissan 240. However, I found a 87 chevy camaro in my neighborhood and I was thinking about getting that instead. In my research, i found that not many people use Camaros to drift even though its Ford counterpart, the Mustang, is used a lot. So I want to know people's personal opinions on these 2 cars. Should i get the Camaro or stick with the 240?

The 240 is the easiest I would say of most the platforms out there. The S14 almost drifts itself. Most people get the S13 as their first drift car because parts for it are very cheap and easy to find. Junkyards have replacement parts for if you ever crash (OEM parts of course) or you stock motor takes a crap. An '87 camaro would be unique and if you could build a drift car out of that, more power to you.

Personally I get tired of seeing thousands of S13's and S14's. I started off with a Toyota Cressida, but sold it because parts were just hard to find and bought an S13 to do my income being pretty small. So all in all I would recommend you just get an S13, learn to drift with that, then as your income increases, move on to a more unique platform.

Comment

^ very well said

OP just don't try to re-create the wheel... it has already been done. Don't waste your coin trying to be differnt.

Comment

Heres a thread about drifting a camaro
        http://www.driftlive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600

Comment

An old Camaro really isn't a bad idea to learn on. Parts are abundant and cheap and if you know some old-school drag racers, I bet you can find a posi or a spool for $10. Go out and crash my child.

Comment

Working...
          X