Formula D Approved Roll Cages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Approved Roll Cages?

I need to know what bolt-in and weld-in rollcages are legal for Formula D. I'd rather not go out and spend $700 on a new rollcage that won't do what I want it to. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I think they have the same rules about cages as in D1 and for D1 you need a 6 point or better roll cage. Here is the D1 regulations:

1. Each car must be equipped with a six-point or better roll cage. Full front A pillar beams are required as well as door impact protection beams.

2. Functional tow hooks must be installed on both front and rear of vehicle

3. Roll cage must be welded or securely bolted and anchored. If roll cage is bolted then its must be securely reinforced with an anchor plate and backing plate sandwich on each side of the floor pan.

4. Roll cage may be placed in front or through the dashboard.

5. Roll cage tubing must be at a minimum of 1.25 inches OD tubing and no thinner than 0.098 wall mild steel or 1 .25x .083 Chromoly tubing.

Comment

formula-d=scca just find the scca requirements

Comment

Formula D and SCCa requirements are different. Email Ryan@slipstreamglobal.com for the correct info.

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by PhoPower
          I think they have the same rules about cages as in D1 and for D1 you need a 6 point or better roll cage. Here is the D1 regulations:

5. Roll cage tubing must be at a minimum of 1.25 inches OD tubing and no thinner than 0.098 wall mild steel or 1 .25x .083 Chromoly tubing.
          Man, I've never heard of a main cage being built with such small tubing. Secondary support braces sure but main hoops are usually at least 1.5" .095...... I'm surprised the rules allow that......

AND 1.25........ I bet that would look funny....... Reminds me of a guy I heard of who built his cage out of PVC. Thought he could save weight and nobody would notice. Luckily he was busted before he ever got a chance to wreck and kill himself.......

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/Formula_Drift.php

Figure 6: RECOMMENDED ROLL CAGE
            HIGH FRONT HOOP OPEN AND CLOSED, GT

Figure 7: RECOMMENDED ROLL CAGE
            OPEN-TOP CARS

NOTE: A low front hoop may only be used in open-top cars without a windshield.

Figure 8
            REMOVABLE ROLL BAR BRACES

ATTACHMENT DETAILS

M.4: ROLL CAGE STRUCTURE MINIMUM TUBING SIZES

(UPDATED on Aug. 6th)
            http://www.drifting.com/Formula_Drift.php

PDF Version
            http://www.drifting.com/Drifting_Regs_V.pdf

Comment

thanks guys, but i just meant if anyone knew of bolt-in kits from manufactures like autopower (since a lot of companies don't list the specs for their rollcages).

Comment

cusco cages are fine for this year.

Ryan

Comment

Will a roll cage completely protect you from getting hurt at impact? Is it better to have airbags or a rollcage/racing harness/racing seat in a car?

Comment

The purpose is to protect you in a roll-over

Comment

Working...
                    X