ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between the Silvia and a 240SX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between the Silvia and a 240SX?

Hey guys im pretty new to the board and i have a question for you guys. It may sound stupid but bear with me that im a newbie:

What is the difference between a 240sx that we have here in north america and the silvia? and is it possible to get a silvia here or even convert your car to one?

What is the true difference between the 240sx and s14.

ps:i did use the search button and read the nissan guide that nissan guy posted but i still didn't understand.

thanks

The main differences between the Silvia and the 240sx are the engine,headlights,body,engine,RHD compared to LHD, and options they came with.

Can you get a Silvia over here? Are you in the US? If you answered yes to that last question,the answer is no.

Can you convert your 240sx to a Silvia? No!!! I don't care what anyone here says.You can get a SR20DET,you can make your car RHD,etc.But at the end of the day,you have a 240,not a Silvia.There's a reason why there are Silvia's and 240's.Converting a 240 to a Silvia is like Michael Jackson going white.It's lame,awful,and at the end of the day,your not white.Same with the Silvia.

S14 is just a chasis code.But the differences for the S14 Silvia and the S14 240sx basicly remian the same,

Comment

oh but you can get a silvia if you go to an importer like im gonna for mine and its faily cheap

heres a good site for vancouver drifters www.cannonball-r.com

Comment

Yes you can, but only if you live in canada, you would have to go through the legalization fees and the DOT in the U.S. Which costs alot and is basicly a waste of time.

Comment

The main differences between the Silvia and the 240sx are the engine,headlights,body,engine,RHD compared to LHD, and options they came with.
          true, but you should clarify the difference between "body" and "bodywork." With uni-body cars, he could be confused into thinking body meant chassis.

Pretty much everything is the same, apart from the engine, where the driver sits, and some cosmetic changes. Personally, you can put a better motor in a 240, and that's all you really need to be on par with a Silvia if you're interested in drifting. However, if you want a Silvia because you want to pretend you're in Japan, then it wouldn't be any cooler to have the Silvia than to have a look-a-like. Either way, I think it's silly to buy an expensive imported Silvia when you can make a 240 go just as fast and turn/drift just as nicely for a lot less money.

Comment

The reason I'm getting an import s13 is cause its fairly cheap, in good condition if not great, and 240sx are a bit of a rarity up here so thats the main reason for me.

Comment

Working...
            X