unknow hole on my HKS turbo..help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknow hole on my HKS turbo..help

i have a problem i bought my motor with a HKS gt-2530 and the motor is out waiting for da swap ..but the hole on the turbo do i cover it up(that big bolt on da side,what size bolt is it to relace)... ?? with what ..i think it is a oil feed line but it seems like one on it already behind the turbo???here's a lil pic of one with with a line in which i don't have in place????and what can i use to capp off vaccum lines and unwanted hoses.......if any can help me figure out my problems..please..........thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ; 12-30-2004, 04:34 PM.

Is that a turbo with both coolant / water and oil lines???
    If it is, you can't just plug up the holes!!!

Comment

i don't know........ but that picture is not my turbo,it's just where my hole a big one...if it is where i get the coolant line from?the radiator,where..please if any can help.....thanks

Comment

dis a picture of my turbo....................same one but mine is on my motor......................
        Attached Files

Comment

If the lines are not needed, then plug a hose into it and into the hose a nail or something.

Sometimes with generic models extra things are put on it to suite a variety of parts.

If this is the case, then just block off the holes with anything u can find.

Comment

are you sure cause if it is some special line i'd might need it or it may cost me.....which i can't deal with....does anybody out there own a turbo like mine HKS GT-2530(jdm<if it matters)......please help me............oh yeah what can i used to cap of unwanted cacuum plugs.....................thanks.....

Comment

how about you post a picture so we know what you are talking about!

Comment

it is that big bolt on the first picture,the other picture is just a similar turbo of what i have .......i 'd tried to take the picture but i can't for all you silvia owners ya know what i mean it's hard to get in thseo area with all the piping and everything in the way plus i got alot of aftermarket crap all around that area all up on walls and stuff........

Comment

if it is in the center of the impeller housing (which is seems to be) it's more than likely an oil feed line. check to make sure the OTHER lines are water/oil vice versa. you'll know which one it is by then. 90% chance that you wont have to use it but if you plug it up, be sure to use the proper brass fittings and not a generic plug; you dont want an oil leak on a blistering hot turbo causing a horriffic fire and burning your car down. have a nice day!

Comment

where exactly is the hole?
                    I have seen lots of JDM turbos that had a hole drilled into the turbine housing for the EGT sensor.

Comment

Make sure you have both of your coolant/oil lines connected before you block this random hole off. One send and one return. You need both lines. You may have forgot to connect one, don't block off this hole.

Comment

i'll check and tomorrow i'll let you know ...thanks for letting me know...

Comment

water and oil lines...

obviously your standard turbo is only oil cooled so the water line thread will need to be filled - youll get away without running water lines to the 2530... just make sure you put your oil lines to the oil threads (send and return lines) and not the water one - use a 12mm bolt to fill the water line thread (im pretty sure its a 12mm... could be a 10mm)

and vwalla - enjoy your new 2530, good spool time, efficency range begins around .8 bar till 1.3bar...

how hard was that to post? some of you kids need cars!

- adz

Comment

if you can please send me a pic or something cause i not that good with turbo setup ...this is my first turbo so please bare with me guys ...i wanna know more......thanks

Comment

thanks now i know ...it's the turbo coolant feed line right so i'd would need it..right.....i'm most positive it is right ....and i am missing that feed line....please someone tell me...help

Comment

Working...
                              X