RARE Kyoei Magnetic Wheel locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARE Kyoei Magnetic Wheel locks

Rare magnetic "dency" wheel locks made by Kyoei, one of the leading manufacturer of lug nuts in Japan.
    Kyoei's Website

Personally, I think it's one of the best wheel locks I've seen. No heavy key to carry around like the others. The key for this lock is small and light and can be attached to your key chain.

Although advertised as magnetic, the key and nut does not actually have the usual magnetic properties, like attraction to steel. So a regular magnet will not work on it, I've tried. Seems to be a proprietary material that will attract each other and allow the lock to be opened.

It's kinda hard to explain how it is, so I have took a video. Click Here for Video

As you can see, the lock cap just spins freely when it is installed on the nut, so you can't just jam a smaller socket on it like many other lock nuts on the market. Next, with the key inserted, a small turn on it will free the lock cap from the nut. As you can see, the lock cap is easily installed and cannot be removed by hand, unless the key is used.

Protect your valuable wheels! $110 shipped. Comes with 12 regular nuts, 17mm->19mm adapter, 4 lock nuts, and 2 keys. Thread is M12x1.25 for Nissan, Subaru, and Suzuki

Working...
X