(FEEDBACK) FORMULA D New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D New Jersey

Now that I have gotten your attention. I am typing this to vent my frustration with the way todays event was held at E-Town. I'm not the only person that had the same feelings, many other fans and my friends were disappointed too. First is not opening the gates(one for the track and one for the car show,vendor exhibit stations) til after 11 while everybody was waiting since 9 to go in. D1 had theyre gates up and ready at E-Town open @ 10am with vendors already prep. (And it was they're first and last time they ever gonna do a show here again but their event was memorable in a good way.)

And what the deal with "Reservation Tickets"??? It was stated on wanttickets.com that if you buy this ticket, you can reserve a seat and walk around w/o worrying that someone is gonna steal it. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*! I tell you!!! I even asked the ticket agent bout it and they told me its just a bleacher seat, nothing special. What a waste of a couple bucks. And don't even try bringing tickets that you bought from wantticket.com and bringing to ANY of the ticket agents to get your bracelet. They denied my *Censored**Censored**Censored*, every single one til I brought up the issue to one of the Formula D staff waiting by the gate. And another thing, whats the deal showing the bracelet that you get with the ticket and having to present both bracelet and ticket anytime you want to go through the gate???? Isn't showing the bracelet enough to the "gatekeeper" that I already pay my way in??? I lost my ticket and still have my bracelet and had a hell of a time pleading with the "gatekeeper" to let me in? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE BRACELET?!?!

And let me get started with JROD, the annoucer. What a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing dumbass and annoying *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* he was today. Ive been to Wall last year and didn't have a problem with him but today, everybody in the stands were *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing with cause he keeps on *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing up in his commentary. Bro, that Skyline is not a 240sx man. My friends were the one yelling "skyline" and the dumbass has to correct himself. To JROD: if you want to know who yelled" SHUT THE *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* UP" and you had that pissed reaction while everybody was cheering. That was my group of friends that was frustrated how FD was running today. It wasn't just us, it was the WHOLE CROWD. If any of you guys were they're, you know what I'm talking about. The crowd was soooo not feeling JROD today. JROD needs to do a better job with the mic next time while not using his, (I don't give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* attitude towards the crowd.) BTW, its great that FD doesn't hold staff meetings with the E-Town staff of how things were to be run. The security guard was telling me that when I pleaded him to let me in with my bracelet. Maybe things would of gone more smoothly Other than that, I loved the drift action today. All the drivers kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*, (GO FOUST!) but I have a feeling FD will not be showings its face @ E-Town again.

You didn't suck any d*ck thats why. If you suck some d*ck you would have a special 'ticket"

Comment

I completely respect what you are saying and i think that Formula D needs to know this stuff. As they grow, they are inevitably going to have some growing pains. In fact, as they grow, they are going to make some mistakes that are probably very easy for you and I to point out, but remember they are not just focused on the one or two things that we are able to point out. They are trying to get an entire event right and then an entire season right, which means a ton of details they are focusing on in order to grow Formula D, grow the popularity of drifting, and most importantly, give the fans the best possible overall experience. The point is, we all know that they are going to let some things slip through the cracks along the way because of the vast amount of details they are dealing with, but try to empathize, and present your criticisms in a constructive way. I can guarentee they are listening and going to take it into account.

-Cameron

Comment

wasn't there but based on what you said at least the judging and action good

Comment

Wall speedway was waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better, i will most likely not attend fd anymore if it stays at e town...oh well. that was my 4th year in a row and it's been fun.

I have no complaitns about tickets and stuff, just the fact that the track is just too small...well at least the part that they used. They could have made a way more interesting and intricate layout, they used a fraction of the track....why?
          Boost Up

Comment

All I can say is that this event at Etown was not the most organized one. I have attended every FD NJ and when it was held at Wall it was more organized. I cannot blame the entire FD staff though. I overheard a few of the Etown staff members not cooperating with FD staff with certain things. Even when the FD would ask for simple things one of the head guys from the Etown staff would half @ss the request or not do it at all.

As for Jrod, I think he just had an off day. He's usually on point with his commentary and I know that he knows what he's talking about. Fatigue and the heat a factor? Very possible. Im not knocking on the original poster, but there were so many people in the stands that would talk like they know everything about drifting, cars, etc, when they cant even tell the difference from an RX8 to an RX7. Some people need to shut the f*ck up and appreciate that they kept FD in NJ in the first place, since Wall was closed down.

On the other hand, I have to agree with the whole Reserved Seating issue. It was very unorganized. You never had to pay more to get a seat at Wall. Same price for everyone and if you got a seat good for you. If not, then your @ss was standing. At the same time, they had more people then the amount of seats available. They just kept selling reserve seating at the booths, regardless if they had the room or not, just to make some extra cash. Im not sure who to blame, the FD or the Etown staff, but this issue has definitely need to be addressed for next year. I know for a fact that the stands had more people seating then what the capacity should have been.

FD Crew, please organize the event a little bit more for next year. If the Etwon staff do not work with you then approach the staff at NJ Motorsports Park for next year's event. I know you guys had very short time organize this event, since it was orginally going to at Wall.

Guys, stop the hating and maybe we can lend the crew at FD a hand if they need our help for next year.

Comment

I agree.

Take it back to the WALL Speedway, is it closed now? The track at Etown was ok, but Wall is ALOT better. J-ROD coulda been better. He really F#$KED up alot tho. He called Takatori's GTR a damn 240sx twice. Then he said "I'm spending fathers day here in New York", whoa don't say that in jersey man!! I also agree the whole reserved ticket thing was really bad move. Everyone sat where ever they wanted. D1 at Etown was the best event I've been to ever on that part of the east coast. A lot more action and fun, way more organized. Today each run took soooo long to set up! After one run they would take at least 8minutes for the second run. Also, JROD would always be in the middle of mumbling some nonsense while one of the runs would be coming down the track. The tire smoke was awesome but when they hit the dirt it was so bad. It would cover everyone and had us choking. What really got me angry was the fact that the website had a COMPLETY WRONG SCHEDULE!!!

Look at this, copied from the site itself:
              8:00am - 4:00pm - Ticket Will Call (Will Call Building)
              12:00pm - 8:00pm - GATES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC (Venue)
              3:00pm - 3:00pm - Autograph Session (Circuit City Rig)
              3:00pm - 3:30pm - OPEN PRACTICE: Top 32 (Track)
              3:30pm - 5:30pm - QUALIFYING #2: Top 32 (Track)

5:00pm - National Anthem / Opening Ceremonies (Track)
              5:30pm - MAIN COMPETITION BEGINS (Track)
              7:45pm – 8:00pm - Trophy Ceremony (Podium)

I wanted to watch the qualifying, the website stated that the practice/qualifying would start @ 330pm. I arrived at 230ish pm and the top 32 was already over. I didnt know that tho, I went and sat down at 315 thinking it was gonna start up. Then one of the announcers said top 16 starts at 5pm! I was REALLY PISSED! It was already so damn hot and now I gotta wait almost 2 hours for this!? WTF!? That was not cool at all. I had lots of friends and fam watching this for the first time and they didn't take a liking to that at all.

The drift action was awesome! Nice long opening drift was so fun to watch. The judging sucked as usual. The stupid only 1 one more time rule sucks. I still dont think Formula D caters to the enjoyment of the audience. I feel they focus too much on the competition aspect. The crowd was totally out of it. People were leaving really early and saying things like "how long is this thing?" "When will it be over?" "Why does it take so long to see more?". Even crowd participation was really bad. Hardly any yelling or cheering, just kinda letting things go by. Again I dont think its the crowds fault. There is too much of a lack of connection between audience and event.

Why didn't you guys let Vaughn run!? His car was fixed! This is exactly what I mean. The crowd really want to see some action! but noooo, rules are rules. Its so annoying, focus too much on the books. As an audience member I want to have fun and watch some action! Not have to deal with decisions and crap like that.

Just a thought but could we get some different music acts instead of the same old hip Pop nonsense on the stage/show? I swear if I see funk flex and another wanna be rapper say he's the best in the world one more time, I will kill them all!There are other forms of music out there. Please look into that.

All in all, it was still fun. I have grown out of hating on Formula D and would like to thank them for visiting us on the east coast! This is my 5th time going and I'll go again next year. Because of FD my friends and I get to see awesome drivers and machines perform right in front of our eyes. I just feel there are a few things they need to do to get better. I hope they take this as constructive criticism and hopefully apply some improvements on the events to come. Oh and one more thing, please tell JROD to stop saying FD has the best drifters in the world. He says it every year and we all know this is not true. There are so many other organizations in different countries around the world with better and worse drivers. Saying that FD has the best drivers in the world just because Jrod said so is American ignorance at its best. Hence why many around the world think we're arrogant bastards. Please stop that. J-rod, I know the job aint as easy as it looks, I appreciate what you do and thanks for that.

Thanks again! Hopefully at a different track next year.

Comment

I also thought last year at Wall had better organization. But since it's closed, Englishtown was a suitable replacement on such short time. I have a couple of complaints. I know that it must have been difficult to host this event at Etown with only a few months notice plus getting all the FD & Etown staff on the right page.

1) Website showed price at the Gate = $25 but when you went to Etown, you could only buy Reserved seating tickets at the Gate for $32.
                2) Website showed Qualifying at 3:00pm but when it actually started earlier and ended around 2:30pm, so everyone who arrived after 2:30pm missed out.
                3) JROD is a great announcer, sure he had some mistakes at Round 3, but he's always on top of things at every other FD event. I think he's the best guy for the job.
                4) Free parking is great.
                5) The track layout was kind of short, but it was still fun to watch. The track layout that Nopi drift used several weeks ago at Etown was much better.
                6) Judging scores not consistent. It seemed to me, the fans were really upset with the some of the scores the judges were giving out to the drivers. The judging was better when Alex Pfeiffer was present. It seemed a few low scores were given out to some drivers even for good runs. (ex. Chris Forsberg, Tony Angelo, Daijiro in Finals against Tyler)

FD Round 3 did not suck. Overall, I enjoyed it. I think even with all the issues, it still was a good event. This is the first time FD has come to Etown, so issues are expected. I'm not going to complain too much because having FD at Etown is better than having No FD event at all in the Northeast.
                Last edited by ; 06-14-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstrike7 View Post
                  As for Jrod, I think he just had an off day. He's usually on point with his commentary and I know that he knows what he's talking about. Fatigue and the heat a factor? Very possible.
                  Didn't you hea him repeat himself quite a few times that the weather today is nothing to him when he's in California where its REALLY hot. I'm not trying to knock you though, just saying.

**I forgot who's car it was,(Team Falken 240sx) but that Godfather horn mod made my day and now I'm in the process of putting one in my car. **
                  Last edited by BRUTAL KONG; 06-14-2008, 10:54 PM. Reason: Grammer Error

Comment

worst judging ever. i dont think i ever saw any sort of advantage given to chasing cars that moved in on lead cars. i guess the judges couldnt see the whole second half of the course cause of smoke.... cause i def saw tanner straighten out and then got an even advantage. i dont wanna drive 4 hours to see an event and have to sit through that horrible judging.

JR's ordeal was a joke. i think he got robbed. they need an official clock... better announcing... so. what was the exact time he pulled up to the line formula D?

i love how no one screams one more time anymore cause everyone knows that it doesnt matter. the whole "only one , one more time" deal sucks cause it makes the judging on the final one more time whack. brought up the whole taka and hubinette 3 one more time thing. my only argument is that you do one more times as long as it takes for someone to earn the win. if someones car over heats or something breaks, use the standard 5 minute rule. its about the spectators and the way it was today, you would have never thought that.

i like how they dont bring up d1 and they just say outside drifting series... i would think if you honestly thought you were the best drifting series out there, you wouldnt worry about that. i wanna see a formula D vs D1 top 16 seeded drivers, judged by EDC competition. i def think there are a handful of US drivers that could win in an event like that. just dont like formula d's pig headed attitude.

i wanna see an open practice session with tandem.. a little bit of team drift...

i thought englishtown was a good venue. course was good. parking was good. paddock was good. just wish it was d1 and not formula d. get so excited everytime miki's turn is up. you dont know what crazy thing you will see! D-mac was crazy! GO DA!!!! boo pretty boy cali judges.

kinda pissed about the extra money for reserved seats.... you sly clowns. but i guess thats how you afford stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like "flip a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* "

Comment

I was not there, so take what I say with a grain of salt...

Reminder: This event was moved just barely over a month ago. Normally, these events get 9 or 10 months of planning, and while some of the planning from Wall did carry over, this was a huge endeavor for Formula D to take on with such short notice. Keep that in mind.

About reserve seating - This was an issue in Long Beach for the past 2 years, and the reserve seating helped resolve a lot of that this year. But there were some bugs then, and apparently, some bugs again with Englishtown. Remember that if you only need the ticket OR the wristband to get to your seat, you may have people who give one (or the other) to their friend and suddenly twice as many people are squeezing into the bleachers as actually paid for it.

Judging situtation - this was also something which happened in the last week, and I'm sure a better solution will be found in the coming weeks.

Originally posted by olmytsi View Post
                      ...just the fact that the track is just too small...well at least the part that they used. They could have made a way more interesting and intricate layout, they used a fraction of the track....why?
                      Most FD tracks are just 1 or 2 turns of the course. Atlanta and Sonoma have parts that 'double back' onto the same part of the track, but all the other tracks are just 2 or 3 turns. How long was the Englishtown D1 parking lot track?

Comment

Originally posted by ReDc0aT View Post

kinda pissed about the extra money for reserved seats.... you sly clowns. but i guess thats how you afford stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like "flip a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* "
                        Im pretty sure that D1 last year charge less to get in. I really wish that I could get a little refund back for paying these "Reserve Seats" which was BS and FD knows this. And yes, I'm still ranting bout being not satisfied bout FD handling todays events. It's not like I want to, but I really want Jim Liaw & Ryan Sage to hear these problems and provide a solution that this won't EVER happen again.
                        Last edited by BRUTAL KONG; 06-14-2008, 11:27 PM. Reason: Forget a word or two

Comment

FD has been responsive to problems in the past
                          when they first started out there was all that judging drama

at least they didn't drop the ball like D1 and NOPI, however since you and your friends were disappointed then it s good that they are getting your feedback

long beach was cool, looking forward to irwindale, that's aways their best event

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTAL KONG View Post
                            Im pretty sure that D1 last year charge less to get in. I really wish that I could get a little refund back for paying these "Reserve Seats" which was BS and FD knows this. And yes, I'm still ranting bout being not satisfied bout FD handling todays events. It's not like I want to, but I really want Jim Liaw & Ryan Sage to hear these problems and provide a solution that this won't EVER happen again.
                            jim and ryan are cool, the only but#head who caused problems for me at events is no longer working for them

Comment

So who won? where are the congrats threads?

Comment

Working...
                              X