Vaughn Gittin Jr. main character in NFS SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn Gittin Jr. main character in NFS SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED

Vaughn Gittin Jr. main character in NFS SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, with Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang and NFS RTR-X as boss cars

BALTIMORE, Md. (February 23, 2011) – The most successful racing video game series in the world, Electronic Art's Need for Speed, is releasing the highly-anticipated SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED to the public March 29th, and 2010 Formula Drift Champion, Vaughn Gittin Jr., is excited to announce his huge involvement with the most realistic and immersive racing game on the market.

The Monster Energy Falken Tire 2011 Ford Mustang that Vaughn piloted to win the 2010 Formula Drift Championship will be the "boss car" for the Drift element of UNLEASHED. All players have the opportunity to have Vaughn's competition car in their garage and drift it at famous tracks such as Irwindale Speedway and Ebisu Circuit. "Not only does it look the part," says Vaughn, "but it's handling and throttle response are as much crazy in-game as it is in real life."

The Team Need for Speed '69 Mustang RTR-X is the "boss car" in the Muscle element of the game and every player will have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of this amazing vehicle. "Just don't scratch the paint!" Vaughn says jokingly.

Besides his vehicles being in-game and his personal contributions to the physics and other elements of SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, Vaughn is honored that he is also the main character in the game. "I am each players' friend and coach in the game," Vaughn explains. "I am the guy that gives the player confidence before and during the races, I applaud players when they are killing it, and I yell at them when they are making mistakes."

Not only is Vaughn in the player's corner throughout the game, but he also works with them to teach them how to drift during the drift tutorial. "Being the frequent Sim player that I am, I truly believe that having a proper virtual driving experience translates to a shorter learning curve when the opportunity arrives to hit the track in real life," says Vaughn Gittin Jr.

"Working on SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED has been a true project of passion for me," Vaughn continues. "I am very excited for the world to have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of my cars virtually. Who knows, it could turn into reality for a few gamers one day! I sincerely hope everyone enjoys SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED. The team has put a lot of passion behind each element of the game to offer in my opinion what is the best console driving experience to date!"

Read Vaughn's blog on Speedhunters.com for more details and pictures. Stay tuned to VaughnGittin.com for updated news, pictures, and videos.

ABOUT VAUGHN GITTIN JR.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. has become one of drifting's most iconic figures and his machine, the Monster Energy/Falken Tire Ford Racing Mustang, one of the sport's most identifiable cars. Vaughn is known best by his aggressive, foot to the floor, big smoke driving style. Being such a fierce competitor, Vaughn is known as the only American to win a D1 Grand Prix event, not once – but twice. In 2005 Vaughn stunned the world when he won the D1GP USA vs. Japan. In 2007, he brought America home the gold once more by winning the D1GP World Championship. He has achieved three wins and multiple podiums throughout his Formula Drift career. Now in 2010, Vaughn earned his first Formula Drift Championship, becoming the second-ever Champion with a strictly-drifting background.

ABOUT TEAM NEED FOR SPEED

Team Need for Speed consists of an all-star roster of drivers renowned for their skill on the track and passion for the automotive lifestyle. With over 100 million units sold, Need for Speed is the best-selling racing game franchise in the world and is known for delivering unparalleled white-knuckle racing, creative customization and street style. The sequel to the critically acclaimed Need for Speed SHIFT returns to the track to deliver the most physical racing experience to date with SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED available March 29, 2011. SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED sets the bar for realistic racing and delivers all the excitement and intensity of race day in a groundbreaking true-to-life experience. For more information about Team NFS, visit TeamNeedforSpeed.com.

Irwindale Speedway

Comment

This is pretty awesome news. I actually had no intention of buying Shift 2 until I heard this.

Not sure if it was the greatest idea to give him voiceover work for the game, but I guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

Either way I'm psyched for JR and pretty jealous as well. To be immortalized in a video game would be a dream come true for most of us.

Comment

I think his voice over work is going to become drift forum folklore lol.

And people ask if Formula D is going to make a video game, well there ya have it folks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
          I think his voice over work is going to become drift forum folklore lol.

And people ask if Formula D is going to make a video game, well there ya have it folks lol.
          It's not a drifting game. It's just another racing game with drifting in it. Only drifting games out there are D1GP for PS2 lol, Drift Mania (by the Canadians) for iPhone, and Sumi-e Drift for iPhone too ... So I'm still waiting for that drifting only game..

I'm still buying it cuz I support anything that has to do with drifting but it's still no Formula D game.
          Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 02-28-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
            It's not a drifting game. It's just another racing game with drifting in it. Only drifting games out there are D1GP for PS2 lol, Drift Mania (by the Canadians) for iPhone, and Sumi-e Drift for iPhone too ... So I'm still waiting for that drifting only game..

I'm still buying it cuz I support anything that has to do with drifting but it's still no Formula D game.
            Kaido Battle

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
              Kaido Battle
              Oh yeah Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift lol but still no PS3 game...

What I think would be a cool idea is making a MLB, NBA, NFL, type of a game... Before you start drifting have like Jrod n Ryan talk about the drivers before the round starts, like they did with the show this year. Pretty much make the game just like how they show it on tv. Also adding features like making ur own team, getting sponsors, blah blah blah...If EA games can make great MLB, NBA, or Madden games, I know they can make a great FD game!

Comment

Seeing how far JR was involved in this game has me enthusiastic about how this version will turn out. The issue I had with Shift was the lack of grip in Drift Mode. I mean, I was on the brakes after a full stop and sliding down the hill on Spa. It also felt inconsistant, but that could have just been me and the fact that I feel more than I see when it comes to driving.

Can't wait to get it!

Comment

A couple videos I found!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zmiC7spFEm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iqLMOtY1xyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 03-08-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

here's a new video of Matt Powers vs Vaughn

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yzuHqUjJekI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

there's like a lil blooper at the end lol
                    Last edited by Jonny Fonseca; 03-08-2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X