No announcement yet.

4 wheel (Hicas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In america you had to buy the Hicas on the S13 just to get the ability to order a LSD. Hatchbacks only of course.

who desided these things anyways? dumbass nissan. Sometimes i dont know what goes threw there heads.

Anyways in the states only a small minority of them even had hicas. I would say stay away from it if your drifting, only because its 1 less thing to break on you.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
      In america you had to buy the Hicas on the S13 just to get the ability to order a LSD. Hatchbacks only of course.

who desided these things anyways? dumbass nissan. Sometimes i dont know what goes threw there heads.

Anyways in the states only a small minority of them even had hicas. I would say stay away from it if your drifting, only because its 1 less thing to break on you.
      Because nissan wants u to be able to control your car easily and not slide around and die.

Comment

The four wheel steering isnt exactly beneficial to drifting, but its not going to be much of a hinderance (from a physics standpoint) to anyone determined to get their car sideways. Of all the 240sx's ive seen in the states, only a few have had hicas, so there shouldnt be a problem getting a non-hicas system if it really bothers you

the steering angle in back is small when compaired to the angle in front, and will try to tuck the rear end of the car in and keep it aligned with the front end. basically, the front of the rear tires point the opposite way as the front of the fronts, and when going sideways and countersteering, more of the frictional force on the rear of the car is directed by this slight angle to try to push the tires to the inside of the curve, thus making the car seem grippier and harder to drift at small attack angles. The larger the attack angle, the more HICAS is not going to make a difference. This is also true of the FC's Rearsteer.

Comment

Working...
        X