Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina's Drifting Community

NCDrifters.com

The site is young but our eventual goal is to bring events to the much deprived entusiasts around the Carolinas. We are in talks with SEDA to follow through on this promise, as well as having grassroots events put on by the DriftWilkes.com crew. We can't do anything without members though and we need your help to grow! So if you are in the region and have been waiting for something to get going now is your chance to join and bring together the Carolina's drifting community!

Thanks from NCDrifters.com.

how the hell do you expect our broke asses to pay that entry fee. $220 for two days... either thats a hella expensive track to rent or someone is trying to make money off of us. friggen hell... i wont be able to afford drifting
    Last edited by HoosierDrifter; 01-03-2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

yo! 828 representing! i'm from weaver-vegas. i started drifting back there in 2000! i moved to vegas to be closer to so-cal and such. and while the scene here is bigger ... NC, TN, and SC should be the meca of the hardcore drifter. my wife and i plan to move back in about 5 years or so. no touge in america can touch what i've driven in NC IMO. and i've driven so-cal, rockies, and the pacific northwest and still NC roads are my absolute favs!

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
        how the hell do you expect our broke asses to pay that entry fee. $220 for two days... either thats a hella expensive track to rent or someone is trying to make money off of us. friggen hell... i wont be able to afford drifting
        lol you get the wrong impression thats for a USDRIFT sponsored event that i just had a poster for to promote. The next driftwilkes.com event is January 15th for $50 more info here

http://driftwilkes.com/tiki9/tiki-vi..._parentId=1104

and here

http://www.ncdrifters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331

Haha yeah NCs roads are the best Johnnyslick glad to have you aboard

Comment

yea, i bought my 98 GTP in charlotte and i must say you guys did have some nice roads. somethin kinda wierd happend when i was on the entrance ramp to get on i-77.... it was raining and i was behind a ford taurus, going the same speed as him... while on the round-about to get onto the interstate, suddenly my FWD 98 grand prix snapped into oversteer ( with NO inducing). i was like AHHHH my first hour of having my new car and now im gonna wreck it!!... i was even looking to my left to look for a place to spin out at. but luckily i just held the slide (which seemed like forever) and it corrected. now i know to just counter-steer and nail the gas if sliding in a fwd. but wow seriously... it hasnt happened since. wierd

Comment

^ when it rains out there the roads get really greasy.

my guess is b/c they have less strict laws on what that will allow on the road .... there's a lot of older cars that dump oil and such out of them. so when it rains ... *instant marbles*.

but it's no where near as slippery as it gets here in vegas. since we only get rain like 2x a year, when we do there's like a million wrecks due to all the old oil on the streets!

Comment

Working...
            X