No announcement yet.

Why on Earth a VIPER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's VeilSide, and 800hp can be used to drift with. You need a lot of skill though. It's referred to as Power Drifting in Japan.

Comment

oh, vielside, sorry about that.

Anyways i didnt mean you cant drift with 800 hp, i mean its not really needed. Once the tires are spinning you cant put any more power to the ground no mater how much you have. but i feel we are getting away from the point of the arguement, because it wasnt a hardware issue.

I prefer to see professional drifting sticking to affordable sports cars, not go into the direction of super cars and one off specialty race cars.

Comment

Uh........SRT4ing............um............where in the wide wide world of sports did your read that the SRT4 was built on the Viper chassis????.

No one had a problem with the SRT4 either. Other than the fact that it's still a Neon. No matter what you do to it, cut it or package it, it's still a Neon. Heck men, to me thats the best thing about it. Nothing like having to tell your friends that you got whooped by a Neon. Cause they gonna say the same thing, "you got whipped by a what?" But it was an SRT4", "no man, it was a Neon". That is something that the Miata never had. The Miata was for years thought to be driven by chicks or *Censored**Censored**Censored* people. The performance is great but stock to stock, it won't touch an SRT4.

So enjoy your SRT4, if I could, i'd own one too.

Comment

I just want to know why everybody is so concerned with how much it is going to cost to build a D1 car? It doesn't matter. How many of us here participate or will ever participate in the D1? Guess what? Not many of us here can afford to run D1 last year. Taniguchi had two indentically prepared S15s that HKS had prepared for him. It is already an expensive proposition. I really can't see how the cost of a D1 car has any effect on me. You don't have to have a D1 car to drift. Everybody keeps saying that drifting isn't about power. So just keep drifting whatever you have. If you don't need all that D1 levels of power to drift, then it shouldn't make any difference to you what they do in D1. You guys get way to worked up about some trivial things.

Comment

at this point, it's completely ok for me to say...
            who cares?

Comment

i care

Comment

But why. Why should we care what happens in D1 or Formula D. I feel completely removed from the both of them. It would be like me the skater being worried about the X-Games or the Gravity Games. They have nothing to do with me skating in the streets with my friends. Just as D1 or Formula D has nothing to do with me having fun with my car. I could care less about any of this stuff.

Comment

I care because i plan to watch the D1, i and would like to see some things, specificly inexpensive sports cars drifting and not another things, for example, expensive super cars drifting.

If im going to spend 25 bucks to see a show i want to see the show i want to see. That is why i care. if you dont care then congradulations but if you dont care why are you taking the time to question me on this thread about a viper drifting in the d1?

Comment

So hawaiian, are you saying that a shop they start is a sponser? I dont think it counts, there using there OWN money, to sponser a car. Look at the Daihatsu driver, he brought that car over with his own money. Even KT, driving for Kei Office, wouldnt count as a sponser in my mind, because he is using money from his profits, his money, to build a car. And most D1 events have tire sponsers, where all the drivers can get tires for cheap, or free.

And besides, who cares about the viper. WHOA 500hp!!!!! Most of the silvias are there or past that, and weigh 1000lbs lighter.

My point is, i have no problem with a viper, or gto, or any car that enters the d1. I have a problem with car makers, entering the scene. DAMN, i saw an add in Autoweek, and its for MOPAR, it has there viper, and it says drift. I do NOT think Dodge/Mopar has a place in the drifting scene, just as i dont think Nissan/Nismo should have a sponsered car either.

Dont want Drifting to end up like nascar.

Comment

<b> Also, whats up with all the people who say only cars from japanese manufacturers should drift??? If only japanese cars should drift, then only the japanese should drift. Why in hell are whiteboys drifting!!! Just seems stupid to me that people diss cars that are good only because of the country the brand is from.
                      </b>

who ever said that?

Comment

hey chas can you get a scan of that ad? i'd love to see it. dependig on how convencing it is, i may be driving home in a brand new drift viper... lets find an apropriate smilely face for it.. well here *eye roll*

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                          It's VeilSide, and 800hp can be used to drift with. You need a lot of skill though. It's referred to as Power Drifting in Japan.
                          Great, and i bet that superpowerfull boat will be a GREAT drift car, sense it handles so well. Im going to take a top-fuel car to drift with. It gets to a pint where it is too much and acutally makes the drifting not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                            hey chas can you get a scan of that ad? i'd love to see it. dependig on how convencing it is, i may be driving home in a brand new drift viper... lets find an apropriate smilely face for it.. well here *eye roll*
                            Yes of course, i will post it up when my dad gets home with the laptop (its the only comp that works with the scanner)

Comment

Originally posted by vigvoodoo
                              <b> Also, whats up with all the people who say only cars from japanese manufacturers should drift??? If only japanese cars should drift, then only the japanese should drift. Why in hell are whiteboys drifting!!! Just seems stupid to me that people diss cars that are good only because of the country the brand is from.
                              </b>

Oh man im very very sorry, i wasnt paying attention and accidently edited your post trying to quote it in my post. im very sorry, can you type the rest of what you had back in here

What i ment to do was quote him and say "who every said that" in reference to that part of the post.
                              Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-14-2004, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Actually Chas when a person with their own business, well a smart person, does their own race car, they sponser themselves. Reason being is they can take that off on taxes as a business expenditure or advertising. I cant think of anyone that would make a race car to showcase their own products and not sponser it. Not smart business. I sure wounldn't.

As for the rest of it, I don't really care. I see both sides of the fence. Drifting is groing too fast for some people and not fast enough for the others. Everyone feels differently about it and there is no right answer. No ones opinion is ignorant and no ones opinion is the right one.

Just get in, sit down, hang on and shut up.

Comment

Working...
                                X