ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^^^
    i agree,
    sam is an amazing driver, and i also hate the viper, but you also gotta give the guy props.....thats a big/heavy car and him driving it like he does shows his skill, but i personaly would rather see maybe a lesser known/ underdog win a few events next year.

o and did anyone find out if the compition coupe is going to be banned next year or not? if so does anyone know what car mopar will try to bend the rules with next year?

Comment

Originally posted by 240LoVeR
      ^^^^^^^
      i agree,
      sam is an amazing driver, and i also hate the viper, but you also gotta give the guy props.....thats a big/heavy car and him driving it like he does shows his skill, but i personaly would rather see maybe a lesser known/ underdog win a few events next year.

o and did anyone find out if the compition coupe is going to be banned next year or not? if so does anyone know what car mopar will try to bend the rules with next year?
      the viper comp coupe isn't allowed next year. but they could always use a regular viper. or maybe they will use something else, i dunno.

as far as mopar bending the rules, i dont really see that. if you read the article on drifting.com about why they chose the viper, now i see why. formula d's rules should have been more specific. i dont see it being mopars fault.

as far as people being mad at the viper...its getting humorous cuz if he hadnt won all year, people wouldnt have been mad. i mean, look at rhys car. its a purpose built drift car. has 60 degrees of steering angle, weighs 2500 lbs (that's 600lbs less than the viper!). if any car in the field right now is more technilogically advanced than all the other cars, its rhys and GM with the pontiac gto.

Comment

a. Chris vs. Sam. sam hit the barrier in one of the runs. LOSE.
        b. Chris vs. Rhys. Rhys hit Chris a few times. LOSE.
        unfortunatly the judges didnt think so.
        now Chris' car has a bunch of battle damage.

anyways CHRIS *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING ROCKED!

oh yeah, did you guys see him run the whole lap on a blow tire against Rhys? *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing harsh!

Comment

Ok guys I was on the judging stand during the event. Chris and sams 1st pair of run were dead even they both held good lines angle and speed. On the second runs when sam started out he totaly boned out off the line with his 8000 horsepower by the end of the run chris was right with him...this means chris was going faster but because sam drove very well also the were tied going in to the final run. Samuel came out of line once when he was trying to be aggresive and make a pass. Chris clearly won that round there was no judging error what so ever in those runs. As far as us driver not likeing samuel. We like samuel all of us do however many feel both him and rhys don't understand drifting fully and they try to pass ALL the time when it is not needed. They are great drivers and they are learning the sport more and more however the aggressiveness will allow them to win sometimes however nascar style driving will also bite them in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* as it did yesterday. See you guys at d1.

JR
          www.driftalliance.com
          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Nascar style driving...hmmm. That's why Daijiro broke his line a couple times and went straight while Rhys remained smooth and consistant. Wait, what am I thinking...Daijiro is more JDM, lets all boo the GTO like the moron kids in the crowd that came to see the civics with gullwing doors did.

BTW: while the first round was going on, I saw a couple guys filming spinning rims on a hummer H2s instead of watching the drifting. These were the same guys cheering for Daijiro because they saw him in a magazine, and said he was more JDM than Rhys. Sweet! Night Drift, drifting lifestyle wooooooooo! I've never felt more gangsta when I'm sideways in the hood!
            Last edited by Weapon X; 08-30-2004, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
              Ok guys I was on the judging stand during the event. Chris and sams 1st pair of run were dead even they both held good lines angle and speed. On the second runs when sam started out he totaly boned out off the line with his 8000 horsepower by the end of the run chris was right with him...this means chris was going faster but because sam drove very well also the were tied going in to the final run. Samuel came out of line once when he was trying to be aggresive and make a pass. Chris clearly won that round there was no judging error what so ever in those runs. As far as us driver not likeing samuel. We like samuel all of us do however many feel both him and rhys don't understand drifting fully and they try to pass ALL the time when it is not needed. They are great drivers and they are learning the sport more and more however the aggressiveness will allow them to win sometimes however nascar style driving will also bite them in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* as it did yesterday. See you guys at d1.

JR
              I heard Chris spun out on one of his passes against Sam?

Comment

#1Samulefan: It was an awesome competition. There's a reason the crowd was chanting "one more time" over and over. I was there, and I was glad not to be a judge at that moment. Yes, a lot of people (like yourself) did boo when Forsberg won but a lot of other poeple (including me) where cheering their little heads off. I was extremely disappointed by the crowd's reaction. Props should be given to BOTH drivers. It was a great match. Ok, so Sam didn't make it to the final 8. Welcome to the world of racing. A lot of people who did great didn't make it to the final 16, it could be worse. Try to give respect who those that earn it and if you FEEL somebody drove worse but passed anyway, try to recognize you may be a little biased and don't try to slam them publicly. THere's no room for that in drifting. As for the driver's not liking Sam, I find that unlikely. Sure they want to beat him, he's on top, but that has nothing to do with their own personal opinions of him. From what I've seen, they all are very supportive of each other. Let's, as fans, try to continue that tradition.

Comment

I think people boo the GTO for what it stands for, not how it does or what it is. I think the Viper is borderline cheating. Need more angle? Right foot TWITCH

Comment

Hubinette should have won, I took video footage of the battles and watched over and over again. in battles its not about line as much as it is in qualifying, its about the distance and Forsberg just couldn't keep up!

Comment

Can you post the videos or email them to me please? I would love to see them over again and have all the people on this thread be able to see them again too!

Comment

Originally posted by drft240
                        Hubinette should have won, I took video footage of the battles and watched over and over again. in battles its not about line as much as it is in qualifying, its about the distance and Forsberg just couldn't keep up!
                        You had ONE camera angle...I had 5. Sam DID NOT win that round. Myself and other drivers agreed to this including Sam himself. It WAS very close..very close, but the judgement was correct. There is also hadicaps in drifting which I think many of you are not aware of. A 700hp car against a 300hp car in which the 700hp car weighs LESS..a slight handicap is given to the driver of the lesser powered car to the point of entry to the first judged turn..meaning the slower driver could have less angle initially to catch up to the higher powered car and reel them in which happens all the time in D1. The judging is made known to each driver and to his style and car capabilities. There are too many factors in judging that most of you don't understand. I myself still don't even understand all of them. I was with several other drivers while filming that battle and we ALL agreed. You'll see for yourself in Drift Society 2..so stop the rumors and the bashing..the multiple angles will speak for themselves. Mahalo...

Comment

Hmmm... handicap huh? I seem to remember Ueo whooping on everyone at D1 2003. Don't use horsepower as an excuse. You might want to talk to Sam again...

Comment

Originally posted by STFUAD
                            Hmmm... handicap huh? I seem to remember Ueo whooping on everyone at D1 2003. Don't use horsepower as an excuse. You might want to talk to Sam again...
                            Why do you insist on argueing with me? I have seen him drift on many occasions..in the US and in Japan..he's incredible in the hachi..but as I stated and if you watch clips of him..he holds much less angle towards the first turn in order to gain speed and distance to the apposing car. Do they knock him for this? No..why? They know his car is much less powerful..but he charges like a maniac and they love it and so do I. You're missing a lot of points here that I don't think you understand. I'm NOT knocking on you..I'm trying to help you understand this more. This isn't a contest of who knows more..and don't foget why we do this...it's fun as all hell! That's all that really matters to me and i hope you don't lose site of that. Again..I'm NOT bashing you..so don't take it personally.

Comment

booZTT, I thought that Chris spun on one of the runs against Samuel but I can't remember. You sound very educated on drifting and I know you saw like 5 camera angles of the tandem. Did he spin and if so, wouldn't that make Samuel the winner?

Comment

Also, forgot to ask this last post, can you post or email a video to me please?

Comment

Working...
                                X