ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just watched the video and its close.

the one thing that isn't questionable is sam's professionalism. sam gets out of his car to congratulate chris. wow, that says a lot about sam. very cool.

Comment

Its only drifting, what do you expect? its not like the just spent 10 rounds punching the s.hit out of eachother...

Comment

The video don't do justice.

I was right there and watch the tandem every second. Chris won it.

The full throttle on corners and totally sideways all the way was already enough to win.

Sam couldn't even full throtle on the big chicane.

Comment

Originally posted by BooZTT
          If you read the other post about this I explained it. It had everything to do with Sam's line and speed. Chris avoided hitting Sam due to him having to correct in such a drastic manner. At my angle it was very easy to see..it happened directly in front of where I was filming and one of our other cameras had the birds eye view as well. Sam also tapped the barrier once as well.

As not to spam I'm adding this to my post: I cannot release the video or clips due to rights and other legal issues. It will be available at a later date. Thanks.
          I'm sorry BooZTT, but in the video here, it is blatantly clear that Sam was nowhere near Chris when he spun. Here is the link that was posted elsewhere on this site. Watch it and explain how your "5" angles will show how Sam "Forced" Chris to spin out. Thanks... http://driftingvideoclips.com/ChrisSamuel.mpg

Comment

Who really gives that much of a shi.t anyway?

Rhys wont it all so it should be about him. Congratulations Rhys!!!

Your all being fa.gs about this and everyone just needs to shutup, cant you see its going around in circles?!?!?!

And even if we all come to the decision that sam should have won? what then?... yeah exactly, nothing, its been and gone.

Chris is fu.cking awesome as a person and as a driver and im sure sam is aswell.

Everyone just needs to shut the hell up and get on with your lives.

Or heres another idea, maybe 99% of you could learn how to drift and have a shot at chris yourself if you think he isnt that great.

Jack

Comment

I think you need to stop getting so emotionally attached to the internet.

Anway, I accidently edited my previous post.
              I posted that I thought sam should have won, but I though chris did an awesome job aswell.

However, Now I see other points that would have changed my thinking. I know this is kind of contrdictory to my previous statement, but chris did do some good driving. I don't really know what to think anymore, and now that its been a few days. I don't remember anything or even care. But anyway, both of them drove very well.

Comment

badazz video. whether sam 'won' or lost that match.. he still won the entire series. way to go sam!

Comment

Im not emotionally attached im just tired of logging on to find out usefull information and ill i see is this pingpong back and forth *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* that doesnt get anyone anywhere.

Its *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

I saw Sam Hubinette on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain. Sam
                    seems like a class act. Congratulations to Sam on kicking
                    everyone's azz this season in the bad azz Comp. Coupe Viper!
                    Great driver and awesome car...

Comment

Originally posted by d4vech3n
                      shut the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up.. JR is actually out there competing in formula and you're in the stands trying to point out ricer-kids just so you can mock them on a forum. that goes to most you drifting.com forum losers debating stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like this. the judges made their decision, get over it.
                      Watch your attitude. Hopefully you can express your opinions more intelligently. If you cannot address other forum members in a mature manner, you wont post.
                      Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 09-01-2004, 01:49 AM.

Comment

It's not the horsepower of the Viper as much as it is the torque curve. I'm pretty sure it's got as much horsepower as it does torque at what most people would call "idle"

Comment

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
                          NFJohn:

Thank God someone has come on to post that is on my side. (Although there have been another few in my corner.) I can't agree with you more. Everyone was saying that it was POLITICAL. WTF, I thought that it was judged on the best driver. Please refer to one of my earlier posts that discusses a guy in a white car, with no lights that barely went sideways. Why was he better than Samuel? Why did he go on and not Samuel? POLITICS! Whatever. Next year I am sure that Samuel will have a less controversial car and he will SWEEP again without the politics.

Then we will see what these people have to say about him. About his driving ability and about his car....................
                          okay i just want to try to talk make some sense out of the decision that was made by the judges.

1.) Chris had a power and weight DISADVANTAGE
                          2.) In the run that Chris spun out Sam Bumped the barrier, in D1 they would have both been disqualified.... maybe the judges looked at it as if both of these actions cancelled eachother out? who knows.
                          3.) in the second set of runs between the two Sam actually rear ended Chris at one point in time (not bad but there was indeed damage).
                          4.) As JR (from falken tires and drift alliance) said in an earlier post, Sam took off whenever he started off in front Chris and chris managed to carry more speed in his drifts which allowed him to be right on Sams Bumper by the end of the run, which is nothing short of very impressive.
                          5.) Chris was able to hold more angle on his drifts with less steering angle while carrying more speed through the entire course (except the bank, but i think he kept up pretty good on that turn too). again that was no small accomplishment.

everyone can go back and forth all day about why this person or that person should have one, but the bottom line is that drifting is a judged sport so it is up to three peoples indavuduale opinions when it comes down to it.

Also, Sam not winning was in NO WAY a political issue at all. The impression that i got from the judges and other japanese drifters was that they loved the american cars. They seemed to be more excited about seeing the american cars drift (the GTO, VIPER, and even the ELCAMINO, sp?) than seeing all of the nissans everywhere.

Chris, we miss you back in D-Town... come drink wth us. oh, congrats on your 3rd place finish overall!!!

I <3 Drift Alliance,
                          Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by dorisaur
                            Im not emotionally attached im just tired of logging on to find out usefull information and ill i see is this pingpong back and forth *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* that doesnt get anyone anywhere.

Its *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in *Censored**Censored**Censored*
                            Dude, did you read the topic of this thread????? If you didn't want to debate this issue, and wanted to "find out usefull information", you should have picked another thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by murdoch
                              okay i just want to try to talk make some sense out of the decision that was made by the judges.

1.) Chris had a power and weight DISADVANTAGE
                              2.) In the run that Chris spun out Sam Bumped the barrier, in D1 they would have both been disqualified.... maybe the judges looked at it as if both of these actions cancelled eachother out? who knows.
                              3.) in the second set of runs between the two Sam actually rear ended Chris at one point in time (not bad but there was indeed damage).
                              4.) As JR (from falken tires and drift alliance) said in an earlier post, Sam took off whenever he started off in front Chris and chris managed to carry more speed in his drifts which allowed him to be right on Sams Bumper by the end of the run, which is nothing short of very impressive.
                              5.) Chris was able to hold more angle on his drifts with less steering angle while carrying more speed through the entire course (except the bank, but i think he kept up pretty good on that turn too). again that was no small accomplishment.

everyone can go back and forth all day about why this person or that person should have one, but the bottom line is that drifting is a judged sport so it is up to three peoples indavuduale opinions when it comes down to it.

Also, Sam not winning was in NO WAY a political issue at all. The impression that i got from the judges and other japanese drifters was that they loved the american cars. They seemed to be more excited about seeing the american cars drift (the GTO, VIPER, and even the ELCAMINO, sp?) than seeing all of the nissans everywhere.

Chris, we miss you back in D-Town... come drink wth us. oh, congrats on your 3rd place finish overall!!!

I <3 Drift Alliance,
                              Mitch
                              Maybe if you had 6 points, you would have changed my mind. 5 just doesn't do it for me. Sorry, Samuel still wins!!!
                              Last edited by #1Samuelfan; 09-01-2004, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
                                Maybe if you had 6 points, you would have changed my mind. 5 just doesn't do it for me. Sorry, Samuel still wins!!!
                                #6) you are a douche bag... im not trying to change anyones mind here. you asked "why didnt Sam win?". I just listed a few reasons why he didnt. and i am NOT saying there are NO reasons why sam should have won... but if you go back to my previous post you will read that i am just "trying to make sense of the whole situation" for you, after all you did ask why, right? ... Do us a favor and grow up a little bit. just a little. c'mon i know you have it in your little 14 year old veins.

or you can just go back to sucking at life.

Comment

Working...
                                X