No announcement yet.

You know your a Drifter when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANKS SPY001 You know ur a drifter when your spending a half hour trying to fit your fat *Censored**Censored**Censored* in the recaro rip-off racing seat that you bought off for ebay. (True Story)
    Last edited by godigy; 08-12-2004, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by miataspeed
      you know your a drifter when

- You have more then 10 stolen road cones in your room for those trips to a parking lot

- you parents yell at you for getting a ticket for drifting in a parking lot but the best excuse you can come up with is that "its safer then drifting on a touge run"

- your parents know what a touge is

lmao. so true, so damn true. I keep a few in my hatch at all times just in case.
      Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-12-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craftsman
        You're wrong... 120% tire capacity? Hahaha. More like 80%.

Dynamics in physics will tell you that static friction is 100% friction. After you pass the static friction threshold (drifting) you're in dynamic friction territory which is close to 80%...

Cliff Notes : Traction circle decreases when you are drifting.

No offense, just a physics lesson for you...

Matt.

The % numeber is irrelavent. It's just to state a point. It's silly when someone trys to argue the %.

If you want to get really technical in dynamic physics, tires are always slipping. Especially underpower. Only if you state, at a specific moment in time where point A meets point B on the tire, then it's relatively speaking, static.

But mechanics of material also states, that rubber, since it's relatively soft compared to pavement, it's always in a deformed condition, subjected to a shearing moment in the direction of tire rotation.

and knowing the shearing moment, and then taking into the consideration of tire compound shear strength, there's going to be an associated material loss from the tire compound.

So, static vs dynamic. 80% vs 120%. Who cares. It's all relative.

Comment

• back to the know your a drifter when.

-you feel the best part about the street races is that it distracts the cops while you go drift in the parking lots.

-You have a two-way radio and so does everyone your friends with.

-You've been in handcuffs more than once for doing less than the legal speed limit.

Comment

• HOW ABOUT YOU LAUGH AT YOUR FRIEND WHEN HE GOES OUT AND BUYS $500 V RATED RACING TIRES FOR HIS INTEGRA BECAUSE YOU ARE USED TO $40 JUNK YARD TIRES.

yOU SPEND LONG EVENINGS IN YOU CAR WAITING FOR YOUR FRIENDS TO GET OFF WORK SO YOU CAN GO CHECK OUT THIS NEW SPOT THEY FOUND.

YOU ARE ALWAISE TRYING TO TALK YOUR TECH TEACHER INTO LETTING YOU FIX ALL YOUR BROKE A$$ CAR

YOU HOPE TO GOD SOMEONE WILL BUY YOUR 86 LEGEND SO YOU CAN AFFORD PARTS FOR YOUR DRIFT CAR

YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WITH THEIR CIVICS AND ACCORDS WITH WINGS AND CLEAR TAILLIGHTS THEN TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW DOWNFORCE WORKS JUST TO HAVE THEM SAY YEAH BIT IT LOOKS COOL

YOUR PRETTY SURE YOU KNOW YOUR CITY BETTER THAN ANY COP BECAUSE YOU HAVE SPENT MANY A NIGHT LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT LEFT HAND 90 DEGREE CORNER

YOU CONSTINTLY FIND YOURSELF TRESPASSING ON YOUR OLD HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE PARKING LOTS

WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE SAVING MONEY FOR SUBS AND SPEAKERS AND YOU DONT HAVE A RADIO IN YOUR CAR BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEED FOR ONE

YOU EBAY EVERYTHING OUT OF YOUR CAR THAT YOU DONT NEED BECAUSE YOU NEED MONEY FOR A CLUTCH AND NEW TIE ROD BUSHINGS

YOUR CAR IS ON OIL RAMPS IN YOUR YARD FOR EXAUST WORK MORE THAN IT IS FOR OIL CHANGES

YOU KEEP A CASE OF WASHER FLUID STRAPPED IN THE TRUNK BECAUSE IT HELPS THE WEIGHT DISTIBUTION

YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A FULL TANK THAN AN EMPTY TANK NOT THAT I EVER HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR A FULL TANK EVER

WHEN VISITING GRANDPARENTS YOU ASK TO TAKE THEIR CROWN VIC TO THE GROCERY STORE JUST TO SEE HOW WELL THE BOAT WILL SLIDE

Comment

• ...when you arent able to drive home because you drifted into a huge rock curb, screwing up your drive shaft and suspension...thus leaving you with not enough money to buy a new car and waiting to go to the states and saving up money for an FD3S.......

Comment

• Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                haha, since when did drifting impress people?!?! Most people ask me "why the hell would you buy such a beat *Censored**Censored**Censored* car" and i answer "to drift" and they go "what the hell is drifting", then I attempt to explain and they say "thats stupid, get a real car" cuz they all like muscle shiz

what island are you on hawaiian? have you gone to a drift session shindig?
                lmfao so true what he put, I guess you just have to be born for it

Comment

• people think i crazy and tacky

-Im a math, history, computer tech, foods, english, and art class drifter.

-I work at a grocery store and i shopping cart drift every turn.

-I tell off dumdum's who say they drift.

-I draw only 240sx's in art class and im getting very good at it.

-I tell off any person who wants to buy a "drift car" for popularity reasons.

-I draw so-called "tacky" meshies on 240's in all classes.

-I always leave notes under peoples windshield wipers to see if they are selling their car.

-I get my friends great prices on drift cars. I.E.-86 gts=$1000 or 89 240=$1000.

-Try to persuade all of my friends to get drift cars.

-Teretts sessions of "GOD I WANT TO DRIFT" out loud wherever.

-Look at topographical/road maps to find future touge spots.

-Spend $3 a day on food to save for the 240 of my dreams.

-My girlfriend gets wet about drifting and enjoys me working on my future car.(IN MY DREAMS).

-Have 20 numbers of people who might sell their 240's or ae86's.

-Everyone knows whats on my mind at all times.

-Laugh at people who accidentally (as i like to say) "cop car drift".

-Go into small rice car part stores in malls and ask for jdm parts that they dont know about. and/or Go into the same type of places and pretend to be stoked about the stupid apc type s***.

-I got a suspension out of school because i told the teacher to hold on while i interrupted the class to do a feint style drift for some hot chick(sound effects and all).

-Even the principal asks me about his 350z's drifting potential.

-My parents think its a phase not a lifestyle. Oh are they wrong.
                  Last edited by RHS13 BOB; 02-01-2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHS13 BOB
                    -Im a math, history, computer tech, foods, english, and art class.

-I work at a grocery store and i shopping cart drift every turn.

-I tell off dumdum's who say they drift.

-I draw only 240sx's in art class and im getting very good at it.

-I tell off any person who wants to buy a "drift car" for popularity reasons.

-I draw so-called "tacky" meshies on 240's in all classes.

-I always leave notes under peoples windshield wipers to see if they are selling their car.

-I get my friends great prices on drift cars. I.E.-86 gts=$1000 or 89 240=$1000.

-Try to persuade all of my friends to get drift cars.

-Teretts sessions of "GOD I WANT TO DRIFT" out loud wherever.

-Look at topographical/road maps to find future touge spots.

-Spend $3 a day on food to save for the 240 of my dreams.

-My girlfriend gets wet about drifting and enjoys me working on my future car.(IN MY DREAMS).

-Have 20 numbers of people who might sell their 240's or ae86's.

-Everyone knows whats on my mind at all times.

-Laugh at people who accidentally (as i like to say) "cop car drift".

-Go into small rice car part stores in malls and ask for jdm parts that they dont know about. and/or Go into the same type of places and pretend to be stoked about the stupid apc type s***.

-I got a suspension out of school because i told the teacher to hold on while i interrupted the class to do a feint style drift for some hot chick(sound effects and all).

-Even the principal asks me about his 350z's drifting potential.

-My parents think its a phase not a lifestyle. Oh are they wrong.

No offence but halfway through reading this I had decided that you are twelve and a liar. But hey, whatever you dream. At least you wont be on the roads near me when you get your licence in four years.

P.S. If you can find your friends Corollas and 240's for one grand each then why dont you get one? Or hell get two, or one of each, hey buy 3 of them for 3g's and re-sell them for $3,000 each and make $6,000 in profit? Just a simple question.
                    Last edited by Nissan_Racer; 01-30-2005, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• when your gas tank reads empty all the time but you keep on going.
                      (applies to 89-90 s13's)
                      when you and your friends go dumpster raiding looking for warn tires

when you drive around all day looking for a windy road that is not in the open
                      (at least where i live)

when you spend more on your suspension than you do on your girlfriend in a month.

Comment

• ..when you spend more time outside actually drifting rather than on this forum..

so im no longer drifting..till i go back to the states..my c33 is gizzzone and my silvias are soooold (long time ago)

Comment

• -I always leave notes under peoples windshield wipers to see if they are selling their car.
                          I tried to do this to this one guys 240sx coupe once, but he wasn't selling it...oh well I got one anyway!

Comment

• you know youre a drifter when...

...if they can hold air your tires are perfectly adacuate
                            ...you pay more attention to a banged up corolla or 240 than you do ferarri's
                            ...your rims look like they have been beaten with aluminum bats
                            ...your car is now white,primer grey,gloss black,flat black,and carbon fiber
                            ...you respect people more that drive rwd cars that are worth $500 than people that drive $30000 fwd cars
                            ...passing emissions is like taking a test you cant study for
                            ...you know every possible swap for all the main drift cars
                            ...when air conditioning and back seats are ricey
                            ...you have a numerious supply of different sized zypties
                            ...you change the kind of car you want every week

Comment

• or how 'bout you're actually out driving and not making lame a$$ post like this from your parents computer.

Comment

• You know you a drifter when you see people buy BRAND NEW CARS even a brand new civic for 16k and you think its stupid because if you had that money you would be able to qualify for D1 ( or at least have a car that CAN)!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X