anyone heard of this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone heard of this problem?

i was replacing a ball joint in a friends evo both sides, after we where done we took it for a test drive and a grinding noise happened every time we took a corner, at first i thought it was the heat shield behind the brake rotor it was bent when we took the control arm apart to get the joint out i bent it back to the right position and drove it again, the noise still was there so we brought it back and looked at the whole assembly we noticed the right side ball joint was hanging lower than the other so we put the wheel back on and i looked at the clearence between the threads and the inside of the wheel ant it looked like it could rub the rim, so i buzz wheeled some of the bolt down to even up both sides. the rubbing stoped after that but i was wondering if the fact that the joint was lower than the other could that cause any long term damage?

were both bj's from the same manufacturer? and are you sure that both nuts were tightened right down? (not flaming, just trying to be helpful) if yea, then i may be concerned. but if they're from different companies, and one is longer, it's alright to cut off some thread. and btw did you compare the two balljoints before putting both sides in? and compare them to originals?

Comment

they were both the same ball joints and we did compare them to the old ones and the two new ones, both were tighted the same way using the same wrench on the same setting, so i have no idea what to think of the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X