The worst thing about drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst thing about drifting

Its been a while since ive been posting here but with good reason, my licence was suspended the whole month of march for the usual, to many tickets. So for about a month straight i have been working on my car getting this perfect and that just right and i come here to ask about a problem i ran into with my camber, but before i post i read around to see what i have been missing, and if the "scene" has sunk to a level that is acceptable. so whats the first thing i read? you may think that it was some kid flaming another about asking what motor his 240 would perform best with, nope. you might think it was someone telling about how his parents 745i pulled off this sick drift in the rain or some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, nope. i read about some 13 year old kid who thinks he is the best at drifting because he drifts ni a video game, and how his go-kart is the sickest drift machine this side of the mississippi, and he will become the next american drift star. i read all this on another site so dont go looking for these posts here just to flame this kid. the real reason i am posting here is sbecause when i started to drift for the sake of drifting this site was a place to come to talk about what was going on, but thanks to hype and what is the bandwagon and how everyone has to join, has ruiened drifting for a while, im sick of video games where a turbo civic can beat an s2000 in a drift race, and how people think that if they put upside down stickers on their sentras, just because they are nissan's they can drift around anyone. thanks to the hype all this stupid hype america has brought drifting to the levels of street dragging, stupid kids with rich parents and fast cars usually turns out to be one of the stupidest things ever, i would rather be behind a 90 year old grandma with glacoma and her herbal remidy than a stupid 16 year old in a "really cool civic" with drift stickers, because that 16 year old will be less lilkly to see that semi pull out in front of him than the 90 year old stoner. im so sick of everything the media has done to hype this fricken sport, whats next really cool del-sol's with a lift kit because thats what the kid got for his birthday and he really wanted a truck? i hate this i really do and i know there are some of you who will agree with me and those who will think im a rambling lunatik, well im probably a little of both halfd linatik half rational human, and 100% tired and sick of stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing retards that think yanking the ebrake and turning on a dirt road in you daddy's winter beater is drifting. put down the magazine and pick up a wrench. please also spend less time behind the keyboard and more time behind the wheel.

thumb up... nuff said...but than again...this happens to everything in the states it seems.

Comment

It's kinda nice where I live becase drifting is still pretty underground. Most ricers around here either haven't heard of it or don't like it so you don't get a lot of people being idiots. Either that or the majority of auto enthusiasts around here drive trucks or are all hung up on drag racing. That's a small advantage to living in a mostly redneck province.

There are events coming up very soon but it's not like there's a clamouring for events. There's just some well connected individuals who have set things up to improve the skills of the "real" enthusiasts here. There's no doubt that it's catching on, and it's getting bigger, faster here, it's just still on a smaller scale so people don't go off and eff things up for the others.

B-Wurm

Comment

The whole "scene" down here in AZ isn't that big. The majority of people that are into drifting are not posers and actually go out to drift days at PIR, etc.

All the ricers are still rocking there '91 Civic hatches and I still rarely see 240sx's, etc being driven by teens.

And I know what you mean about 13 year olds who think they're pro because they can drift in an intial-d game. I screw around with drifting in GT3 (now GT4) just to have fun when I'm not out doing something. And it takes a lot less cahones to throw you car sideways at 70mph in a video game then in real life

Comment

Its good that you posted this...but i don't think anybody will change...they'll jus remain stubborn and be dumb *censored*...it's as simple as that. Just do things the right way...and set an example...hopefully some will come to the force...

Comment

As long as there is a market for anything, it will be popular. As long as drifting is popular there will be people who misrepresent the whole idea. There isn't much you can do.

Comment

Working...
            X