ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Altamont Inventational Drifting Comp Results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would that be the Drift Nationals?

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
      would that be the Drift Nationals?
      Nope we're having an amateur comp in August. Drift Nationals as they put on their schedule is only a date saved for some big event group like FD to put on an event. It's not real.

Comment

so you would be in the battle drift department?

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
          so you would be in the battle drift department?
          That would be true

Comment

Originally posted by DriftDude1
            So how many competetors ran this competition? Was there really 5 people?So there was Luke, George, Mike, Dan, & calvin in an SC300? Did they hold it in conjunction with the nascar super late model cars?

It was more of a demo. I guess altamont wanted to see what the crowd thought of it. Calvin was there but he was just playing around in his stock sc300 he wasnt competing.

AaronConklin: Thanks it was nice meeting you as well. This last weekend featured more tandem time, unfortunatly my car was feeling really odd, it turned out that one of the front sway bar links had broken. I got that all fixed and should be back to normal for this weekend.

Comment

schweet...

Comment

So confusing First post says you won a drifting competition, but then it turns out it was a demo with 5 people driving? Please don't sue me for asking, but were you trying to fool us or something?

Well anyway, thumbs us to Altamont for supporting drifting.

Comment

So what about California Drift Championship or whatever and Just Drift competitions?

Comment

Why would i try to fool you?

Im getting so tired of how easily drama gets started on forums. lol

Heres the deal.

Altamont wanted to have a drifting demo at one of their nascar races. So Sonny (winner of falken drift showoff nor cal) Organized a competition to be held on that day. There was about 10 cars there that competed.

Comment

Confusion

So to clear up exactly what happened at Altamont, here's a re-cap.

Altamont hosted a "competition" a couple of weeks ago during a NASCAR style race weekend. There was about 10-15 cars, which got narrowed down to the top 3. Calvin was in attendence for this event, playing around in his SC. Luke Won, with George taking 2nd and Sonny 3rd.

The following weekend Altamont asked Sonny, Luke, George and my self to come back and put on a "demo" competition for the crowd. It was a different group of racers, and it seems Altamont is bringing in drifting to show it to the cirlce track crowds.

So far we've got nothing but praise from everyone involved, including the drivers of the circle track stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
                        Why would i try to fool you?

Im getting so tired of how easily drama gets started on forums. lol

Heres the deal.

Altamont wanted to have a drifting demo at one of their nascar races. So Sonny (winner of falken drift showoff nor cal) Organized a competition to be held on that day. There was about 10 cars there that competed.
                        I really dont think he was starting drama...staments like yours will more than likely start drama. Im sure he was just confused, which I can relate because it was a comp. and a demo. If it was a demo there would be no winner since it would only be a DEMOnstration, but if it was a contest held before another event then cool. Congrats on the win, and I wish I had the time to travel to drift events..P.S. Im not starting drama, just saying that It is easy to get confused and I felt he asked repectfully.

Comment

I dont doubt he was confused. And i dont think he was trying to start anything. I was making a generalized comment about forums in general. Nothing to do with him.

Thanks.

Aparently Altamont recieved good reviews about the drifters. Even the nascar guys said we were all very professional and approachable I hope this will lead to future events at their great facility.

Comment

Even the nascar guys said we were all very professional and approachable
                            nooo way. its a cold day in hell it is..lol JK

Comment

Originally posted by GaijinSmash
                              So what about California Drift Championship or whatever and Just Drift competitions?
                              ... Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftPatrol Dan
                                So to clear up exactly what happened at Altamont, here's a re-cap.

Altamont hosted a "competition" a couple of weeks ago during a NASCAR style race weekend. There was about 10-15 cars, which got narrowed down to the top 3. Calvin was in attendence for this event, playing around in his SC. Luke Won, with George taking 2nd and Sonny 3rd.

The following weekend Altamont asked Sonny, Luke, George and my self to come back and put on a "demo" competition for the crowd. It was a different group of racers, and it seems Altamont is bringing in drifting to show it to the cirlce track crowds.

So far we've got nothing but praise from everyone involved, including the drivers of the circle track stuff.
                                Makes alot more sense now, thanks for helping me out!

Comment

Working...
                                X