No announcement yet.

FORMULA D TV (JUNE 18th; 7:00 Pm Et/pt) LONG BEACH + ROAD ATLANTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we get announcers who actually know wtf theyre talking about? is that too much to ask?

Comment

umm Adam has been drifting probably longer than some of you have had cars.
      He knows what he is talking about.
      Sorry to those who joined in on drifting wayyy back in 2004... or even farther 2003.

I do agree that I would actually liek to see the full progression of the event though. I don't like that parts were skipped.

Comment

I thought Lance's interview was awesome.
        Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 06-24-2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
          umm Adam has been drifting probably longer than some of you have had cars.
          He knows what he is talking about.
          Sorry to those who joined in on drifting wayyy back in 2004... or even farther 2003.

I do agree that I would actually liek to see the full progression of the event though. I don't like that parts were skipped.
          I hope that wasnt to me, because I really do love adam.

Comment

I was able to watch the first two rounds on G4. I gotta say, I think it is very difficult to cover drifting on TV and what G4 is doing with what they have is good. I think it is missing a very important peice of the puzzle. Qualifing. Last year they gave you a fast run down of qualifing with a brief glimps of the qualifing run. This gave the viewer an oppertunity to rank each driver, which is a big part of a drift event. Now, its straight into top 16 and does not really say why this car is going against another. Showing the top 16 bracket would explain a lot to the viewers.

Again, I think G4 is doing a great job. It just seems like something is missing.

Comment

I would have prefered to see more of the privateers is makes it seem like we arent even there. Really makes it hard when you get no event coverage and you are a privateer. Already hard enough to get sponsors This isnt me crying saying I should have been in there But there were some decent runs from some of the privateers or at least some crashes from the practice and qualifing would be more exciting. The little interview with lance was cool I was expecting more footage of smaller teams though in the segway before it. And Adam is a pimp if you dont personally know him then who are you to say *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. Just my opinion.

Comment

I dont mind the hosts all that much, but seriously, they NEED to bring it back to the format that they had last year, the problem with this format is that it just seems like G4 is trying to advertise drifting in a really flashy cheesey sense, it does not seem to be as grassroots as last year, i agree with everyone here, it is dissapointing to see tandem runs taken out just to do an interview or to see what some pro's pre drift ritual is. G4 really needs to turn this around because I was more pleased watching Street Fury drift with Chunky Bai and thats saying something
                but thats just my $.02
                -randy

Comment

i'm going to be extra harsh on the show since several texas drifters and myself watched both shows back to back prerecorded, we laughed our asses off and screamed at the tv. all qoutes might not be perfect, but i have a poor memory.

i thought last years coverage was pretty weak, but this year the formula d show is terrible. so many things could have been better, from the poor camera work, lack of great angles, extremely poor lighting on the drivers @ atlanta during the night time driver shots in car stuff. the driver interviews were poorly done, the announcers were lame and even though their voice over comments were recorded after the event, they were still horrible. we were laughing the show was so bad, such as when the announcers called the flag girl sassy, and then sassafrass or some cr@p.

oh, and the part where they say "look at those cooper remenants" while dai is driving a nitto sponsored car, on the "cooper slide of the day". that was extremely lame, wouldn't that piss nitto off considerably, since they sponsor the car, but cooper is taking credit for the tire smoke. then, they have rhys millen display a cooper zeon tire and explain that it was specifically made for drifting, which it absolutely wasn't. plus, rhys isn't sponsored by cooper, isn't that a little odd.

another point, the announcers say things such as "tire smoke is a key to points", ect. or in the first episode, they specifically call it drift racing, then in the second episode, specifically say its not racing. annoying little stuff like that.

i think my biggest gripe is the camera work was extremely poor, the presentation was poor, the video quality ( resolution ) was poor, the overlaid adds were poor, the interviews were terrible, the drifting was ok, ect.

the zero lift videos are so much better than the pro episodes being aired and watched by the whole country. option videos are far better and more entertaining.

if i watch any more of the aired episodes it will only be because they are so bad they come back around full circle and are fun to laugh at.

and i'm not just bashing it for no reason. if people are going to bother to do something, they should do it right. they should put effort into something they can be proud of, and that show is a joke. i WANT to be able to watch the formula d episodes and be proud of what i see. i flew out to chicago a few weeks ago just to support a friend who is driving in the series, and i have a friend @ my shop preparing his fd car for upcoming events ( he has an fd license ). they were both covered several times in last years shows, and i want them to be able to proudly be a part of the show this year.

anyways, it was lame.

Comment

coverage was weak, but i dont know why you have a problem with sassafras.

do you have sass envy?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
                      i'm going to be extra harsh on the show since several texas drifters and myself watched both shows back to back prerecorded, we laughed our asses off and screamed at the tv. all qoutes might not be perfect, but i have a poor memory.

i thought last years coverage was pretty weak, but this year the formula d show is terrible. so many things could have been better, from the poor camera work, lack of great angles, extremely poor lighting on the drivers @ atlanta during the night time driver shots in car stuff. the driver interviews were poorly done, the announcers were lame and even though their voice over comments were recorded after the event, they were still horrible. we were laughing the show was so bad, such as when the announcers called the flag girl sassy, and then sassafrass or some cr@p.

oh, and the part where they say "look at those cooper remenants" while dai is driving a nitto sponsored car, on the "cooper slide of the day". that was extremely lame, wouldn't that piss nitto off considerably, since they sponsor the car, but cooper is taking credit for the tire smoke. then, they have rhys millen display a cooper zeon tire and explain that it was specifically made for drifting, which it absolutely wasn't. plus, rhys isn't sponsored by cooper, isn't that a little odd.

another point, the announcers say things such as "tire smoke is a key to points", ect. or in the first episode, they specifically call it drift racing, then in the second episode, specifically say its not racing. annoying little stuff like that.

i think my biggest gripe is the camera work was extremely poor, the presentation was poor, the video quality ( resolution ) was poor, the overlaid adds were poor, the interviews were terrible, the drifting was ok, ect.

the zero lift videos are so much better than the pro episodes being aired and watched by the whole country. option videos are far better and more entertaining.

if i watch any more of the aired episodes it will only be because they are so bad they come back around full circle and are fun to laugh at.

and i'm not just bashing it for no reason. if people are going to bother to do something, they should do it right. they should put effort into something they can be proud of, and that show is a joke. i WANT to be able to watch the formula d episodes and be proud of what i see. i flew out to chicago a few weeks ago just to support a friend who is driving in the series, and i have a friend @ my shop preparing his fd car for upcoming events ( he has an fd license ). they were both covered several times in last years shows, and i want them to be able to proudly be a part of the show this year.

anyways, it was lame.
                      The " Cooper Slide of the day" is a paid spot by them. It would not piss me off or my tire sponsor if I was picked for that. Its sponsorship spots like that which help them pay for the air time. All tire companys had an oppertunity to pay for that spot. But, I do see how you could view it the way you do. Although, thats just motorsports.

Comment

i understand that it is a paid advertising spot by cooper, i understand advertising pays for shows ( i do pay for cable though and it bugs me there is still advertising on it, but that is another story altogether.... )

however, its the way they worded it. they worded it so it said " look at those cooper remenants ", like those are cooper tires being burned off. cooper had nothing to do with that car, that smoke, or its performance. i think they should have simply said "cooper slide of the day", and left it at that, or something along the lines of putting a cooper car in the slide of the day, if they want to talk about its smoke.

i just wish the show was worth watching, as i love to watch drifting. i have ALOT of drifting dvds, probably 40 or more. but it doesn't bug me that much, i just wanted to make a comment. i just love to drive, so it really has no affect on me!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey

anyways, it was lame.

totally agree but you left out the lollipop instead of horseshoe in atlanta bs. Road Atlanta specially paved that section for Formula D 3 years ago. It has history as the first Formula D track and they felt the need to change the name of the famous horseshoe to a "lollipop" for the show. wtf lame
                          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-27-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                            I hope that wasnt to me, because I really do love adam.
                            haha no dude. wasn't to you.

Comment

Working...
                            X