Just Got my 240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got my 240sx

So, I just got my 93' Nissan 240sx. I really have not learned how to Drift yet. I have however learned, I guess you could call them tricks with my 94 Suzuki swift... FWD of course. I can Do 90 Degree turns, and even 180, I can also do a 360 on wet roads.(By 360 I mean Spin the car all the way around will having it still going a high rate of speed). I got interested in drifting when some told me that I need to try it after seen me pull 2 360's back to back. So I went home looked on the internet and started my research into it. After about 2 months of staring in awe at my computer screen I started looking for a car. My research told me that the 240sx was a very good beginner car and that it could be heavily moded as my skills progress. I'm not much of a mechanic, So I was wondering if some one could tell me what to do 1st in the area of upgrades. It came with a single turbo already installed. I'm just not sure where to head. Also where does one practice drifting. With my tricks it could be done in a small or medium size parking lot, And I'm afraid that drifting needs a much larger space.

Thank you very much
    RusticMeatTank

you should start small with small suspension upgrades first. new coilovers, good brakes, and some good tires. worry about power later you have all the power you need as a beginner a large parking lot would suffice for a good place to brift

Comment

LSD, brake pads, brake fluid, clutch. Drift practice does take some space. I can't publicly condone sliding your car on the street, but an empty parking lot in the middle of the night or morning is probably SAFER than around freeway ramps. Try to find a local drift clinic, or a place that has some wet surfaces. Even though speeds will be slower on the wet surfaces, controlling the car is the same and will also help you save tires (if you're on a budget).

Comment

i was up in georgia for a short period and was trying to find drift events. there may be some near atlanta if not the next closest is definitely in myrtle beach. really cheap in SC like 20 or 30 bucks once every week i believe. well worth it. with your ability to easily whip your car around like that you should be a natural to drifting imo. good luck!
        Last edited by hhn2002; 10-24-2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X