driftland in texas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driftland in texas!!!

I am interested in starting a driftland type place in texas, but i cant find any infomation on it. Does anyone have a map of it or knows the sq.footage? I am still trying to decide if i used gravel roads and make it a rally place. What do you guys think?

fully paved and u should move it to PA

Comment

good point rota drift we need more spots to go practice then the local parking lots behond stop and shop so in ither words make new england drifter friendly.
      Attached Files

Comment

for questions on drifting in texas - go to www.dailydrifter.com or www.driftclubs.com , they should be able to help.

james
        www.bubbadrift.com

Comment

geez, heard this one eleventy billion times.

Comment

Hi Andy, it's good to see that level of enthusiasm for drifting in our great state. However, due to the level of popularity (or lack of) in Texas, there really isn't a market for building or setting up a "drift only" type of venue.

There are currently two Drift Sactioning bodies in Texas right now, which is more then most states in the country have, and both stay pretty full attracting drifters from all over the state and surrounding states.

Like Hell Camnio boy said, www.dailydrifter.com, sets up events year round, and are absolutely fantastic. You can also check www.texasdrift.com for events from the US Drift sanctioned organization. I truely belive that Houston, and Dallas are huge markets for drifting and motorsports in general and with Formula Drift holding a houston event, and the WDC holding a Dallas event this year, that Texas will blosum as a great place for Drifting.

If you truely have the knowledge and resources of bulding or setting up a venue like you mentioned it would be best to get with the already existing drift sacntions in the state.

Keep it sideways....

Comment

Thanks for the links, guys. It will have to stay in texas, because thats where i lived, and i dont want to move

I got 40 arces right now, is that enough?

Comment

are you actually serious? or just yanking our chains again like the last 30 times when people have said they are doing this?

if your actually giong to do something , by all means go for it. but teasing us is jsut wrong and makes us want to harm small woodland creatures

Comment

HOUSTON... BRING IT TO HOUSTON!!!

Comment

Yes, I am very serious. Like I said, I still in the planning stage tho. Yet, now I have a couple of concerns. I don’t think insurance will be a problem if you have to sign a waver to get in. So basically what i want is for you guys to give me tips on what you would like to see at a drift place?

Comment

pavement that is easy on tires, elevation changes, maybe a couple banked corners on a short road course with several configurations, and a huge skidpad.

also add some bleachers, FD and wdc will be coming to texas...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                        Yes, I am very serious. Like I said, I still in the planning stage tho. Yet, now I have a couple of concerns. I don’t think insurance will be a problem if you have to sign a waver to get in. So basically what i want is for you guys to give me tips on what you would like to see at a drift place?
                        just a good amount of twisty roads that intersect so you can change up the course style. a couple good hairpins, good switchbacks and a good amount of room to run off the road.

Comment

another idea woudl be to start a tire disposal company.... discount/other places will pay you to dispose of used tires, cart them out there, sell them for next to nothing, mount them for cheap, thats moer income, and use the destroyed drift tires for wall barriers etc.

you could probably also add a real road course and open it up for track days to keep it in business.

Comment

i dont think 40 arces is enough for a full size road course, i am wrong?
                            i love that elevation changing idea, any body else got ideas?

Comment

its plenty. do a bondurant style course, with lots of interchangability. lots of overlapping course segments you can rearange for a bunch of different track conditions, a good variety of corners, andarrange them so you can have a high speed low radius setup, a tight setup with sharp u turns, long sweeping corners, short kinks, straightaways, gotta have straightaways. hell throw a dragstrip in there somewhere.

just make sure its a multi-purpose facility. make it so you could also rent it out for Auto-X purposes, car shows, etc. if you can build a true multi-purpose drift facility somewhere that could have somehting for everyone car wise you will easiliy have a place you can build, staff, and run that is self supporting.

Comment

Working...
                              X