What to do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do now

I have had my 240sx... For about... 6 months...And I have done the usual upgrades... Short ram intake.. lowering springs.. and a cat-less exhaust... but I have run into so money...Because some *Censored**Censored**Censored* on a bike nearly killed himself running into my other car... The cars not broke and it paid off nicely.. I have about 4K Just sitting there... waiting for me to do something really dumb with it..And I know you dont need power to drift.. But I like to have some get up and go with my cars.... So I need to know what to do next... I was thinking about getting a sr20 or... adding a turbo to my ka and some other part...I was looking into getting a complete kit such as (http://www.enjukuracing.com/spec-sr2...6erc7shi9u3cq4) Which come with about everything but the turbo timer. Or I can get a turbo and pistons and cams for my ka... What do you guys think

Originally posted by rusticmeattank View Post
    I have had my 240sx... For about... 6 months...And I have done the usual upgrades... Short ram intake.. lowering springs.. and a cat-less exhaust... but I have run into so money...Because some *Censored**Censored**Censored* on a bike nearly killed himself running into my other car... The cars not broke and it paid off nicely.. I have about 4K Just sitting there... waiting for me to do something really dumb with it..And I know you dont need power to drift.. But I like to have some get up and go with my cars.... So I need to know what to do next... I was thinking about getting a sr20 or... adding a turbo to my ka and some other part...I was looking into getting a complete kit such as (http://www.enjukuracing.com/spec-sr2...6erc7shi9u3cq4) Which come with about everything but the turbo timer. Or I can get a turbo and pistons and cams for my ka... What do you guys think
    what is the condition of your KA?

http://www.drifting.com/forums/tech-...s-ka24det.html

Comment

It runs good.. it's got about 200k on it... But I have taking very good care of it... I was thinking.. What if I found a Ka... and cleaned it up ... did some after market pistons and cams and all that good stuff...How much can you get out of it..?.. I heard that turbos will eat the well trash your gas mileage ... and I do use this car for work...

Comment

you'd be better off getting an sr20 imho. the ka24 even with a turbo bolted on is no comparison.a redtop sr can handle up to 400 hp with the right bolt ons.

as for mileage i used to get around 25mpg on combined driving ,low 30's on a motorway run and high single figures when having fun times.

given the cost though i'd ls the engine if i had the option

Comment

I say good your footwork going

Good set of coilovers (800-1200)

Decent set of control arms front and rear and some tie rods (400-1000)

2 way diff (700-1000)

All these prices are depending if you buy new or used and what brand

Dollars sighns does not always equal quality.

I recently helped a buddy do a ghetto KA-T setup that cost around 800 bucks,

Ebay manifold (250?)

Junkyard turbo (40?)

Junkyard intercooler(20?)

DIY piping (30)

Hosemart lines and fitting(50?)

Manual boost controller (150?)

Apexi SAFC (250? birthday gift)

One thing about the KA-T, there is no good proven head gasket available yet for it.

Another thing we use to do back in the day, before we could afford full SR20 swaps and what not. We would just get a T25 manifold and turbo for ka24de. But use the wiring harness, coil pack, ecu, and some of the sensors on the KA. Cheap turbo setup that worked....sometimes lol

(honestly... don't listen to me because come to think about it I've blown up alot of cars in my day. If you do, don't hold me responsible for any wrong doings)
          Last edited by Bebop; 08-30-2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I won't...but I was wondering... How expensive are sr20 swaps... ? I have seen like 4K swaps... and I hear people talk about them doing it for 2K...

Comment

2k sounds like the "buy a motor, hope it's in good condition, do it with your friends in your driveway over a weekend" price.

4k sounds like the "pay a shop to do it right so you don't spend a bunch of time and money chasing problems from doing it yourself" price.

Comment

2,100 should be the going price for a S13 front clip

Back in the day we would get motor/tranny with uncut harness for like 1100.

But that was when it wasn't in popular demand and the engines were still half way new

Now the average price for a motor set is like 1500, and front clips are going for 2100. Honestly... the way gas has gone up and the popularity of the swaps the prices aren't half bad. Issue is, these motors have been sitting around in warehouses for like 20 years. You don't really know what your buying anymore.

My suggestion is to buy a local front clip. In most cases you can still start up a front clip, your gonna want to do a compression test before getting a motor. And if you cant get one locally, just don't buy from Canada. These Montreal companies sometimes will send you a crap motor set, and its damn hard to get your money back.

Comment

Working...
                X