X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken/ASD 350Z spy shot!

Looks like a new shell

Happy it has a roof now!!

Brand new car to suit the 2011 Formula D rulebook.

And a few updates. Well, maybe more than a few

Comment

dig it. prefer coupes to verts anyday.

Comment

What about the old one didn't meet the FD rules for 2011?

Comment

are convertibles not allowed anymore? kinda makes me wonder cus forsberg is sending his vert to Yas Marina and it seems people are only sending cars they can risk not to have back for Formula D Round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
            are convertibles not allowed anymore? kinda makes me wonder cus forsberg is sending his vert to Yas Marina and it seems people are only sending cars they can risk not to have back for Formula D Round 1.
            In the most current version of the 2011 rule book the word "convertible" only comes up once.

All open top cars (i.e. convertibles) shall use arm restraints instead of a window or window net. Occupants may choose to use arm restraints in lieu of the required window or window net.
            With that being said at this point I still believe convertibles are aloud.

But other things to consider his SR Z33 is still sitting in Europe, I'm not even sure if he actually owns the car anymore. The rumor has been for the last 4 or 5 months is that he has a 370Z in his possession. If I was a betting man, I would bet on that... then again alot of the other drivers that sent their cars over there don't have a second ride in sight either like Mike Whiddett, Tony B, and some could say Freddy Aasbo depending if they took his red car or not.

Comment

There are two main reasons why we chose the coupe over the previous convertible.

Firstly, we wanted to change up the look for the fans. The previous car was being retired anyway, so we decided to change up the look a little bit.

Secondly, the car makes so much smoke that a roof will help Tyler see better in competition.

Last year's 350Z was actually the very first chassis built by ASD for Falken Tire, and it debuted at SEMA 2007. It wasn't used in competition until 2009 where it finished third in the 2009 FD championship.
              A lot has changed in FD since the 2007 / 2008 off season, so it was definitely time for a new and improved chassis with all the latest ASD updates.

From what I understand, convertibles are definitely still allowed in 2011. FD Tech explained to me that you can add a roof to a convertible, but you can't cut a roof off a coupe.
              We decided to just start fresh with a coupe chassis.

More updates on this car and other Falken Tire / ASD cars for 2011 will be added here and on the ASD Media website over the next few weeks.

Comment

Yes, Forsberg did sell the SR 350z. Apparently one of the guys in Europe is now using it as his competition vehicle. Also, if you notice in some of the most recent pictures of his garage, you can see a silver 370z parked in the background.

Comment

I believe the SR-Z is actually in Asia, or being driven in Europe by a driver from Asia

Comment

Working...
                  X