Ls1 350/Sr20det Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls1 350/Sr20det Question

Hey im tryin to figure out what exactly i want to do with my 96 s14 that i just recently bought off a frnd that blew up the ka motor. From what i could find the ls1 weighs about 500 lbs with tranny and the sr20 is about the same with tranny?? Is that true? If it is true then im pretty much positive im gonna go ls1 and supercharge it. Id like to have 550-600 whp. I dont know what tranny to go with, im guessing the T56 which i think is a 6 speed. I want a strong tranny and wouldn't mind a 5 speed. Doesnt matter if its 6 or 5. Any help/feedback is appreciated

*Edit: was doin some thinking and am worried that the ls1 might be too much torque that wont be able to control it. Idk throw some opinions/ideas at me
    Last edited by Began120; 04-01-2009, 10:21 PM.

True about the torque issue,
    I like the idea of LS1 swap,
    but at the same time for the same amount of money you can build a 500hp sr.
    how much are you looking to spend?
    550hp Ls1 is going to cost a lot, probably around $15.000
    a good full swap done right costs anywhere from 8k-10k and thats still a stock motor.
    you can buy an SR for $1500 build it and still be under $10.000 mark
    either way you go if you have the funds you will be super happy!

Comment

500bhp LS compared to 500bhp SR, I'd put money on the LS lasting longer.

Buuuuuut, unless you're a drift god you might just want to stick another KA in there for now (they can't be that expensive, surely?) and learn to drift it before getting a million horsepowers.

Comment

Have you ever driven a car with 250rwhp on a track before? Normally it's more than enough.

Unless you got 10k burning a hole in your pocket, write off LS1.

Ka/Sr is cheap, and has been done 1000x.

Where you located? Whats your driving/mechanical ability/experience?

Comment

Working...
        X