Spax coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spax coilovers

i'm looking for a suspension for my 1992 1.6 miata. and here are some of the options:

has anyone heard of spax coilovers? they're a U.K. product normally used on bmw and vw cars, but they sell a coilover kit for the miata. think it'd be a good quality for drifting? it's 28 way adjustable. i don't know how stiff the springs are though and if they're linear or progressive....any ideas?

there is also the KYB AGX/ground control combo and the standard Koni shock w/ Racing Beat "race" spring upgrades.....

what you all will think would be the best decision for drifting as stiffness is the hotness.
    which do you think would work best on the mx-5 miata? thanks.
    Spax coilovers
    62.50%
    KYB AGX shocks w/ Ground Control coilover
    37.50%
    Koni Adj. shocks w/ linear Racing Beat "race" springs
    0.00%
    Last edited by JonnySlick; 07-27-2003, 07:32 PM.

for which car?

Comment

Originally posted by admin
      for which car?
      Sorry, for the MIATA! lol.

specifically a 1992 1.6 miata

Comment

Look into what kind of spring rates the different makes offer. In general, you will be looking for a higher spring rate coilover or linear spring + strut combo.

For a light car like the miata, 6-8kg/mm should be more than enough... just make sure your coil over or strut valving can handle it.

Comment

Koni Yellows/Sports can generally handle stiffer springs than KYB AGX.... just so you know. However, I would invest in a set of coilovers now because when you get a spring/shock combo, you will generally lose a lot of shock movement, and ur shocks may bottom out faster than you'de like... that one big advantage of coilovers -- at least the good ones.... it's stroke.

I would just save up and go for a nice set. Some good ones are JIC FLTA2, Tein HE, anything from Zeal, and Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S, R-R, or D-D.

Comment

i've talked around to some people running the spax setup and a guy from the u.k. (where spax prevail) and they all say the same thing....great quality, amazing traction, but too stiff for a daily driver. everyone says they should only be used on miata's intended for racing only. so to me that says they're gonna be great for drifting! can't be too stiff right? or at least not the back anyways.

Comment

Go Eibach coilovers with AGX's or Tanabe springs of your choiuce with Tokixo Blue's. They make decent daily drivers but have a sport feel and good response.

Comment

well i ordered the spax last week so i'll let you know how stiff they really are. dun dun Dunnnn!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadblockTDX
                  Go Eibach coilovers with AGX's or Tanabe springs of your choiuce with Tokixo Blue's. They make decent daily drivers but have a sport feel and good response.
                  i think eibach is too soft for any sort of hard driving. they try to balance the comfort and function together. but i admit theyre nice for daily driving.

so got those spax yet? hehee

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                    i think eibach is too soft for any sort of hard driving. they try to balance the comfort and function together. but i admit theyre nice for daily driving.

so got those spax yet? hehee
                    i agree...

it'll be like this friday i think.

Comment

Working...
                    X