240sx questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx questions

these are questions to have answered before i go to buy my car so i dont sound like a retarded.

1: Do all 89-94 240's have the super hicas steering, and does it affect drifting?

2: Do they come N/A or do they have stock turbos, and if they dont have turbos for drifting should i keep it N/A or put in a turbo?

3: Do any/all 240's come with the sr20de/t.

These are really stupid questions so im sorry, but hey at least i sound retarded here and not on the used car lot. lol.

1. no, not all s13's have super hicas steering...i don't know how much it effects drifting, but there are companies that make a kit to eliminate it altogether.

2. all american 240's come N/A. whether or not you go turbo is up to you. i would recomend you practice with the stock N/A engine first, and if it fits your need, then stay with it, and save the money for something else.

3. no american 240's came stock with the sr20det.

hope this helped.

Comment

According to what I've heard from people on zilvia.net, Super Hicas is crappy-feeling.

Comment

Re: 240sx questions

Originally posted by Nissan_Racer
        these are questions to have answered before i go to buy my car so i dont sound like a retarded.
        Q)1: Do all 89-94 240's have the super hicas steering, and does it affect drifting?

A) No, ive had the chance to drive a 93 240sx with hicasII, it sucked, most drifters disable this option, or buy special locks for it, this has no use for drifting, because no one needs something correcting your drift when your are getting sideways.

Q)2: Do they come N/A or do they have stock turbos, and if they dont have turbos for drifting should i keep it N/A or put in a turbo?

A) In the u.s., All 240sx's came with the ka24e, or de... also known as the "truck motor", these motors have some power for drifting, so i would keep the stock engine for a little while, until you learn how to manuver your car without having extra power...
        then, if you feel your ready, you can get a bolt-on turbo, or swap it out to sr or ca...

Q)3: Do any/all 240's come with the sr20de/t.

A) yes and no, the early model "180sx" (240sx hatchback) came with the ca18det, then later moved on to tha sr20 redtop... the 240sx in the united states was fitted with the ka24e, or de truck motor only. Only the "200sx" and "silvia"s were fitted with the sr20 and ca18...

Comment

well hicas and super hicas... the people who have those in their cars turn it off. u dont want that thing

Comment

THANK YOU

THANK YOU!

Comment

having hicas is like drifting with four wheel steering

Comment

yea...

kinda like drifting with your girlfriend in the car screaming and yanking on the steering wheel to get you to stop, you dont need that...

Comment

Re: yea...

Originally posted by Dori Star
                  kinda like drifting with your girlfriend in the car screaming and yanking on the steering wheel to get you to stop, you dont need that...

lol. my gf usually grabs ahold of the "oh *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*" handle and the chair and tries to push herself back into the seat. its cute. i love her so much. im engaged. sue me :P

Comment

I read on some site that all Canadian 240SX's come with a LSD, is that true?

And how hard is it to do a SR20DET swap into a '89 240? I know it is harder then swaping into a 91-94 240. But how much harder?

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_racer
                      I read on some site that all Canadian 240SX's come with a LSD, is that true?
                      I believe so.

Comment

i have a 92 240sx....my tension rods are in need of a changing..what do u guys recomend? ive look at battle version ones and cusco ones...

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
                          i have a 92 240sx....my tension rods are in need of a changing..what do u guys recomend? ive look at battle version ones and cusco ones...
                          tein? hehe idunno. but i want a 240 already

Comment

I'd say Tein is the best bang-for-the-buck. ($80 each) They're adjustable too.

Comment

thanks! didnt even think about lookin at tein now..wheres a good place online or in the south bay to buy them?
                              Last edited by sidebyslide; 08-10-2003, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X