Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what site can you buy an ae86 from?

Comment

If you get an AE86 GET A STEERING WHEEL! first mod you should get. The stock one is of of the devil.

Comment

Comment

whore

Comment

i me3an, afer all, i know more than my noob status suggests. I ccan help you all.

Comment

The 86 will teach you more about drifting and up your skill imo than any other car. The 240 guys that i let drive my car can't get it side ways but i can on theres. It all depends.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys!
                Oh and 280, it doesn't matter if your new or not bro, I appreciate your help!

Comment

i think get the car so many people want it you wont have a problem sellin the sucker
                  for a little higher of a price well thats just what i think

if you bought the car already to tell you the truth i was to lazy to read the rest.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend an AE86 as a starter car. In order to induce a drift, and in a series, the 4age motor must produce its peak in torque in the high RPM's- thus you must constantly push it to it's limit. Most beginners take awhile to get over the fear of pushing their motors that hard. On the other hand, if you get another car with more power, ie. FC turbo, Starion turbo, ect., You can still produce plenty of torque at lower RPM's and won't have to worry about blowing your motor due to trying to produce the peak torque level at high RPM's on the 4ag.

i'd recommend getting a Starion. They're cheap, affordable, come stock intercooled turbo, LSD stock, and parts are available if you know where to look.

Comment

well i was wondering where to but an 86 six i love drifting but i dont have the money for those more pricey cars so can anyone help me wher to buy an 86 plz

Comment

You have to ask yourself a simple question:

Why do I want an 86?

If it's because you saw it destroying Skylines and RX-7s on the togue in A CARTOON. Well then you should really re-consider your motive. The Toyota Corolla GT-S is a great car and the fact that people are still drifting a 1986 year car is a testament to its reliability. But, it is a very old car requiring alot in the way of maintenance and replacement of rusty, damaged and old parts. In addition, it requires heavy revving of the motor in order to sustain a drift since it lacks power. This abuse of the motor, especially by a beginner, would result in heavy wear and tear and more money out of your pocket.

If you really want to get into drifting, do research! Dont just post on forums, although they can help, go out and pull up spec sheets, look at who is winning competitions (SCCA, NASA, Rally, Auto-X, JGTC)! But, most importantly, be different dont follow the crowd. My stance is, as long as it is RWD with a decent amount of power you can make it a great drift car. Look into Lexus, you will be surprised. Also, you can't go wrong with an MR2 (1st gen Supercharged or 2nd Gen Turbo).

Comment

the reason is i want the eight six is for one reason i dont have the money right now to buy a better car and sicne i want to drft and the car was basicly meant fot that is u realy look in to it that the car might not have power ita very good car to drift in

Comment

I wouldnt suggest a starion Granted theyre awesome cars, but they break down pretty easy. Everyone ive seen up close and who i know has one always has something going wrong with it. When theyre working though theyre awesome.. oh well.

As for the 86:

I would suggest it on some levels but you better be aware of what yoru getting yourself into and your hands on. It is a difficult car to learn on for many of the reasons listed, the biggest of course is a lack of power. The car really puts and emphasis on streeting inputs. Once you can get it sideways though and keep it there, id have to say this car was nearly built to go sideways (wheather they kenw it or not).

Its sort of cheap, it sort of isnt. For what it is, it isnt cheap, for a pretty good drifting vehicle, its not all that bad. T obe honest youll have to spend around 3 grand one at the begining to find a "nice one". 3k should easily get you one with no problems, and has been taken care of pretty well, have an lsd blah blah.

Suspension wise which is pretty much all you need, under 1000 bucks will do for your average drifter.

Engine wise its going to be pretty cheap, because theres not a lot you can really do unless you plan on dumping some money into it. Better exhaust and better intake is about it. You can start messing with the cams slightly i guess, theyre pretty easy to bring to around 140-150 horsepower with just bolt ons. Keep in mind you wont really be able to break 160 horsepower though without ecu tweaking (the 86 is funny, ecu does the fuel curve on a need to do basis up until full throttle where it follows a specific fuel map).

Add that up your at around a little over 4000 bucks for everything youll need to make an awesome drift car. As i said, not cheap for what the 86 is, but in terms of getting into drifting and auto sports, thats not all that overly expensive.

You can cut the price down big time as well, get an sr5 and convert it to gts specs will save you a bit, or jsut find a deal.. you can find some pretty clean 86s for only 2500, and much less if you find someone who doesnt know what they have... talkign 1500-1800 bucks, more then likely use of the itnernet instantly brings that price up

I know this was a lot to read and if u did i hope it helped, you can pm me or something if you got any more questions about the 86 or somethign related to it. Good luck on the hunt.

Comment

thanks for te info but in the end if i might need the pwer ill put a turbo in but i dought it thanks again

Comment

save an 86, get a 240

Comment

Working...
                                X